“Pathetic hungover service”

The Evergreen Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #57 of 152 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Evergreen Restaurant is located just a short walk from town, at the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge. Chef Gary Dayanandan and our culinary team prepare exquisite casual fine dining fare using only the finest ingredients. The Evergreen promotes honest food that is locally sourced, and Internationally inspired. In addition we offer an ever changing fresh sheet, weekend specials, and a full vegetarian menu. For guest looking for something more than just a meal, we offer three separate function rooms and can cater to any business event, wedding, or gathering of friends. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding what we have to offer as we look forward to hearing from our past, present, and future guest; and welcoming you, to the Evergreen Restaurant.
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Worst service and restaurant experience I've had in years. Waited at the front while three staff stood around talking to each other, ignoring me. They finally yelled at someone else to come seat me. He looked less than enthused to see me. Despite showing up to the restaurant he said we had to dine in the lounge and gave us lounge menus, not lunch menus despite it being available when we asked. Selection was limited and basic. I ordered a salad, and asked about leaving something out due to an allergy and shocker, he didn't know. Figured it out and all was good (if 14 dollars for a salad with nuts, orange slices and cheese is "good") I opted to add a chicken breast for 5 dollars. My partner ordered a burger and soup. We were the ONLY PEOPLE THERE and it took over 30 minutes. When we said this to the server he shrugged and said I'll go see the manager. Didn't report back or say anything about that, but asked how the food was and sadly my chicken was dry and cooked to a mush, cut up first then grilled so there was zero moisture left. I told him I didn't want to wait for another one so I'd suck it up and eat it but I wish I hadn't. He brought the bill with full priced everything! I asked him why and he said it was because it was my fault for ordering it with no salt that it was dry and that he personally checked the quality before bringing it out and it was fine. After asking for the manager who was equally as argumentative (up until I told her I could see the staff standing around talking and my chicken sitting in the pass for a good ten minutes) and pretty much refused to compensate me for the horrible experience. This insanely misinformed woman also told me that thirty minutes for lunch is normal and burgers take twenty minutes plus on a grill. Thanks, but we didn't order a hockey puck. Horrible service, sub par food and hungover, grouchy servers. This restaurant is a dressed up dive.

1  Thank loves2eatlocal

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I had the Duck L'orange and my wife had the trio salmon. Both were excellent. Our waiter and the entire staff, including the Delta Hotel where the resturant is located are extremely friendly and knowledgable.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We had a delicious dinner of a salmon trio to start and then elk medallions which we were very happy with, BUT.. Where was this fabulous service everyone raved about?.? We had to Ask for everything we needed, no water, no bread, poured our own VERY average Canadian Pinot Noir for $70. It was expensive. If the service had been slightly better, I would have been delighted as the food was worthy! The chef better find someone to display his wares better!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The staff were great! They were short-handed but you could barely tell! The food was mouth watering and delicious! The Duck and Beef were so moist and cooked to perfection! Highly recommend!

1  Thank luckynumber8
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Seriously, the eggs were amazing! It was nice to have an option of ordering from the set menu, or eating from the buffet. Also, the service was great. Super friendly.