“Where's the Focaccia?”

Ranked #41 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Earls has always been one of our favorite restaurants when we're traveling in Canada because we can count on their high standards of food and service. The Earls in Banff carries on the tradition of quality food and excellent service. I was disappointed in my meal because apparently Earls has changed their menu and no longer has the wonderful FOCACCIA bread that I love. It has been replaced with a garlic toast that is nowhere near as good. Please, Earls, bring back the focaccia! Our waiter tried to make up for my disappointment by bringing a complimentary delicious dessert (see what I mean about the excellent service!) but if anybody in charge of the menu at Earls reads this: Please bring back the focaccia bread!!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Although we waited forever for our table even after reserving, the food was good but the service was excellent Jill made our night with first class service and a fantastic attitude. Steaks, salmon, were all good. Chicken fingers overcooked.

1  Thank CollingwoodGuy
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Earls was always one of our favourite places to eat when we used to go to Banff a lot around 10 years ago, so it was always going to be interesting to see if it was still up to the same standard. It has a new downstairs bar area were we decided to go. For me the defacto standard is their ribs, so I ordered and was not disappointed. Bang on form, just how I remembered, juicy and full of flavour. Prompt service from nice staff. We will be returning before the holiday is over.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

You can see Earl's from Banff Ave and and smell the delicious smells over a block away, so best not walking past if hungry. You walk in through the door off the street and to your right is the bar and then a set of stairs down to a pit I'm told (joking) and a semi-steep flight of stairs to the dining area above.
There aren't any bad seats, but if you can grab a window seat as there are breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains as well as views of the street below (we caught view of a hockey game on the public ice across the street).
The waiter was polite and attentive, but didn't cross the line into the uncomfortable "hover zone". He gave us a recommendation for an appetizer which we took ordering the spicy chicken with wontons. It was a great appetizer, but on the spicy side and with portion enough for a full meal for one.
My wife ordered the fettucini alfredo and said it was well done. I ordered the rack of ribs with the Cajun chicken, side of slaw, and a side of potato salad. The ribs were fall of the bone, chicken was moist/well seasoned, and the sides were tasty. The portion with the ribs was large enough for two people and try as best as I could I was unable to finish more than half of it.
All in all great location in downtown (stairs may be a problem for some), good service, and great food. I would recommend and even though I prefer trying new places I would go back to try the chicken curry.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was my first visit to Earls. The burgers and yam fries were excellent, with huge salad portions. Service was quite slow and the restaurant was not busy. Decor is rather impersonal but the food quality makes up for this.