“Slightly put off by reviews, had a great time”
Review of Earls

Earls
Ranked #42 of 147 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Cleethorpes, England, United Kingdom
“Slightly put off by reviews, had a great time”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were slightly put of by recent reviews but when walking around Banff Earls looked alright from the outside so we went in with maybe low expectations. The waitress was friendly and asked us whether we wanted to sit up in the restaurant or in the bar, we chose the bar but found lots of people constantly walking past us to get to the restaurant.

The local ales were a nice addition to my meal and I was relieved to be able to find a salad in Banff. Pudding was huge, yummy but no way could I beat it.

Shame the chef kept popping into the bar for a chat with the bar staff.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank McClusk

• Korean first
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Good”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had a few minor quibbles, we went there to have a meal, but it was quire busy, so we popped in the downstairs bar, asked what beers they had on, and told they did 12, but not what 12, so we had to guess a few, before we was told they had that one. Earls do there own range so they think they might have recommended their own. Spoke to bar manager and a different server a bit later and they gave us a free sample of the different beers. Went on two separate occasions for food. The food was excellent, but we had to remind the servers on both occasions about our drinks, but apart from that i would recommend it for a meal and drink in the bar.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank MarkyMark1966
Calgary, Canada
“One of the better Earls”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We stopped on our way through Banff. The service was fast & the staff friendly. We find this one of the better more consistent Earls. It's hard to beat Earls french fries or pasta dishes!

1 Thank jhmadsen
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“What you would expect from Earls”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have eaten here so many times and have always had great service and great food. It's always busy which we think is a good sign

Visited December 2012
Calgary
“Alright.”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Food was good I got the Hunan Kung Pow with 4 peppers added. Spicy just the way I like it. Our waitress was creepy though..... probably would have wanted to go to "The Old spaghetti factory" across the street instead. Disappointed I got nothing even though my friends mentioned about a hundred times to the waitress it's my birthday. Would I go back let me think about that.....

Visited January 2013
2 Thank msneeannm
Sachq, Owner at Earls, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
I am really glad you enjoyed our food but somewhat dismayed your friend did not get something free on their birthday... in spite of your best efforts.

Next time you come in, give me a heads up and I'll buy you and your Birthday friend a drink. If not, try Costco for your friends birthday,,, they give lots of free things.

Kind Regards