“Not bad, good average meal”

Meatball Pizza and Pasta
Ranked #76 of 152 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located at the Banff Ptarmigan Inn, The Meatball Pizza & Pasta delivers the fun experience that dining should be. The restaurant offers great Italian inspired food, attentive servers and moderate prices coupled with a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Our open kitchen prepares flavourful pasta dishes, stone-hearth oven thin crust pizzas, tantalizing meat and vegetarian entrees and a variety of house made appetizers and delicious desserts!
Reviewed April 26, 2013

First I want to say that average to me is still a good meal. My ratings typically are lower then what others rate meals. I have found that a lot of ratings I am seeing lately are over blown. What I call rating creep. We ended up sitting in the bar because of a special occasion that had the entire restaurant full. The bartender / server did a good job of multi-tasking. Because we were in the bar the tables were smaller then perhaps the restaurant. A pleasant surprise was the bar was nice and quiet. I did ask for some bread while we were waiting, seemed to take awhile for its arrival. When it was delivered the server told us that they had just made it fresh for us. It was very good and piping hot. The main dinners came and the portions are generous, wish they had half orders. The meals were okay not great, but not bad either.coffee was instant. Overall it was a nice evening.

1  Thank Brian D

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The food came way too quick. Hardly ordered and it was there.
Waitress was ok but she studied a bit too hard on her lines. She went from table to table sounding like a mantra.
My husband had the spicy penne (he disliked it very much) and I had the ravioli, and thought it was really nice.
What we both found a problem was the wine. We both thought it was mixed with water.
Before we even had time to think about it or complain we got our food, the bill and were outside again.

Not for us!

1  Thank Claudia C
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had dinner at The Meatball on March 13/13, Isla was our server who was excellent, attentive but not overbearing. The food was excellent, served piping hot and full of flavour. The wine list had excellent prices, great value. Would highly recommend The Meatball for good casual italian dining.

1  Thank BlackPuli
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Service was prompt and friendly. Prices were average for Banff but the food was very good. Servers were very friendly.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Attached to Ptarmigan Inn. Very much a hotel restaurant. Food was fine but I would go out of my way to eat here