“Staff went out of their way!” 5 of 5 stars

Bruno's Bar & Grill
Ranked #45 of 139 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Banff, Canada
“Staff went out of their way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We went to bruno's tonight after we decided not to go see a movie as it was too crowded.

My fiancée had a shepherds pie and I had a French onion soup.

When we got around to desserts I asked the server if they still had the fried Mars bar, as I had eaten there before and really liked it.

Our Scottish server Gav then told us that unfortunately, the owners changed and they no longer carry it on the menu, but offered to do them up for us if we brought our own Mars bars!

I ran over to Nester's, grabbed a couple Mars bars and handed them to the server.

We had our desserts within minutes and indulged ourselves!

I am sure they wouldn't do this for just every one, but we really appreciated his gesture.

Definitely the best service we had in Banff in years!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Gazpacho16

scotland
“very quick service if you are over the age of 30”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I cam in here for breakfast as I heard the food was good. When i came in I noticed i was the only person over the age of 30 in the place, so sat in a quiet corner. The service was stunningly fast as was the bill - I got the impression rightly or wrongly that they were happy to serve me, but didn't encourage my loitering. The breakfast was OK but i wouldn't rave about it, large portion of grits with bacon and eggs - toast already spread with margarine and a selection of jams etc. Coffee was good and hot - TVs on in the corner with sport if you want to watch. It's an OK place, but it's probably a young persons after ski place or a locals bar really

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank seajay1111
Bolton
“Great little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Nothing fancy, just a small friendly bar, we enjoyed a couple of great breakfasts there. We also sampled the après ski special - beer and nachos, and one evening stayed on for the karaoke night, a great laugh!

2 Thank jimnychris
Palm Coast, Florida
“Typical Bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Nothing special but nothing bad to say about it either. Little hole in the wall place. Their breakfast looked really good but we split a pulled pork sandwich and it was fine.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Melanie P
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Tucked away in a side street. Server was excellent, very friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Good choice of beer and food was very nice. Makes a nice change from more formal restaurants.

Visited March 2013