“Very nice”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have tried plenty of greek food and Balkan was one of the better restaurants I have tried. We were there for lunch and the menu had just about anything you could want, and everything we tries was very good.

We had the hummus and pita to start and the chicken souvlaki pita and pulled lamb sandwich which we enjoyed a lot. The greek sangria was also very good but not worth the price since you dont get that much liquid in the drink, its mostly ice and fruit in a small wine glass for $10.

Definitely will return when I need my Greek food fix.

1  Thank sierratreesea
Write a ReviewReviews (1,228)

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We hadn't booked and had to wait 15 minutes for a table. A good sign which along with their TripAdvisor rating raised expectations. However the food was average at best, service efficient but perfunctory and one dish had to be returned for a replacement. I know everywhere is expensive in Banff, but just over $100 for what we had was too much. We've had better for less elsewhere in the town.

2  Thank Neil00
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Four of us went on a Sunday lunchtime. The restaurant was very quiet, however a tour group of 15+ arrived while we were eating. We started by sharing the 'Crispy Kalamari', followed by three pulled lamb sandwiches and a 'Stavros the Greek burger'. All the food was great and the servings were huge. The prices were also very reasonable. We would certainly eat here again on our next visit to Banff.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Like most restaurants in Banff a meal is expensive... $25 for salmon dinner, not including drink... But it is exquisite and memorable... Better make reservations unless you want a lengthy wait...

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I loved everything about our meal at Balkan.The Host was extremely friendly, The food was so delicious, Our waitress was fantastic!
I loved the decor and ambiance. The portions were huge and very affordable.
Great menu there will be something on it for everyone.
Best tszatziki sauce i have ever had!!
I just wished I lived in Banff so I could eat here all the time :)