“Authentic, great food, great service”
Review of Balkan Restaurant

Balkan Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stumbled upon this place a bit my mistake, and I'm so glad we did. Service was very attentive from the moment we arrived, and atmosphere welcoming. Our server made some excellent wine and menu suggestions.
We opted for the Saganaki appetizer - a bit of fun as they light it at your table.
For the main, we shared the lamb platter. some of the BEST lamb I have ever had. It literally fell apart with the touch of a fork, and the multiple side dishes made for a nice sharing experience.
We were too full for dessert, and that rarely happens!!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Incredible Donairs or Gyros where I come from... Very Tasty food... We make the Balkan "a Must" stop for dinner wheneer we are in Banff. Food, Staff & Atmosphere are amazing!!!!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We have made a tradition of eating at the Balkan Greek Restaurant whenever we are in Banff.
The food is outstanding and the staff make you feel comfortable and appreciated.
I have found that any of the dishes with Lamb in them are good. The flavour and tenderness of the meat is outstanding.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We went to the Balkan for dinner on Saturday night. I made a reservation online for 7:30 PM. We were starving so tried to go earlier to see if they had space, but told us no, and to come back for 7:30. That's understandable, it was a busy night (and long weekend)!

We ordered the Saganaki fire starter which was fun (and not the least bit healthy). My husband had the Arni Psito which he enjoyed and I had a standard Chicken Hercules Sword (souvlaki and the usual accompaniments). Our meals were tasty and portions were fairly large.

It took a long time for me to flag down someone to bring additional tzatziki. since the meal only came with a small bit. Finally I asked a girl refilling water glasses if I could have some more (my husband was long finished his entree by then). Our waiter brought it and told us sorry, and that he had been busy running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Hire more wait staff????

Gourmet restaurants would never charge an additional fee for more sauce that accompanies an entree. I usually only see this happening for guacamole or sour cream, not a standard house sauce. This was mildly annoying.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Maybe I just don't get it ? A spoilt European who finds that quantity is very different from quality , was very relieved to have a Horiatiki salad as it should be , fresh and simple . Had the arni kleftiko after which also was simple, tasty and delicious . Well done Balkan restaurant ... And pleasant , helpful staff too !