“Amazing!!!”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This place was amazing! It was fancy inside, but not pretentious. It wasn't overly Greek for the decor, but very modern. The food was unreal. My husband and I shared the Greek salad which was delicious ($13).It wasn't overly oily as most Greek salads are. We also shared an order of spanikopita ($9)Best I've ever had! We then shared the Hercules platter ($34) which was three types of souvlaki (3 swekers total), rice, potatoes that were unbelievably good, tomatoes and onion, as we'll as delicious fresh pita and tzaiziki sauce. We were so full. So for two of us that's $55. So for price, don't be afraid of this place. It was great. And our server was so good. It's been years since we had service that good in Alberta.

5  Thank Katie B

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had not put this on my list because I thought it would be too expensive. At lunch, they do have specials $11 - $15. I had the Elk Osso Bucco, a chef's special, $26. Best meal in Banff by a longshot. Very tender elk, with pasta and lots of vegetables; olives, artichoke, carrots, tomato, onion. So flavorful and enjoyable! This was my "splurge by myself" meal and worth it. At night they can be expensive, such as the $75 meal for two that basically has all appetizers and meats they have, but there are plenty of other choices. Decor and service both excellent!

3  Thank tlhjar
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I ate here on our mountian getaway - we had essentially the meze, a multi-course meal of Greek delights. My absolute favourite part was the spanakopita - probably the best I've ever had! Our server did a good job and made sure we knew what everything was when dropping off platters. The food was really tasty, definitely some of the better Greek food out there!

2  Thank Amy1584
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was my favorite restaurant in Banff overall - partially because I am a sucker for Mediterranean fare but the combination of great service, excellent food, and a fair price makes it a must-do.

We ordered the Yia-yia's Quinoa Fig Salad and Spanakopita for starters, then had a pulled lamb sandwich (with artichoke & tatziki), and the dip medley.

The decor is understated as far as Greek style goes. We dined at lunch time but I'm sure they would cater to a large group very well, and at night I bet it would make a great spot for a romantic date.

Would definately return.

1  Thank sunshower82
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend this restaurant, I have tried Greek food all over and this restaurant will certainly be one of the top five.

We were in Banff on a business trip, we found this restaurant quite by chance. We arrived for a late lunch and the staff was welcoming and warm, the waitress (English gal) was extremely helpful and courteous.

We had the lunch combo, the soup was simply delightful and the sandwich was perfect.

Keep up the good work,