“Amazing meal and service!” 5 of 5 stars

Balkan Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 136 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Amazing meal and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

In Banff for the culinary festivities... Chose the Balkan and not disappointed! Great food and awesome presentation!

Visited November 2012

Calgary, Canada
“Go for the Greek Show, not the meal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I had a really fun time at Balkan! The food was average all around... The calamari was cooked so the breading would not stay on. Nothing stood out, nothing was delicious. We went for the Greek show and the belly dancer was awesome at entertaining the crowds and getting patrons involved. I tried to dance too! The geek dancing was a blast, too, and I enjoyed smashing the plate. My boyfriend wasn't as into it, so it's not for everybody. Overall, fun and friendly atmosphere but average food.

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank AliFirefly
Calgary
“Excellent food, great service at the Balkan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Balkan was rated number one on another restaurant site, so we thought we'd give it a try. We were really glad we did! Our appy choice was calamari, and it was perfectly done....crisp breading, tender, not rubbery at all, accompanied by a creamy, zesty tzatziki sauce. My wife had pork souvlaki, and it was excellent....seasoned perfectly, it was just a wee bit overdone for her liking. My choice was the bacon-wrapped bison tenderloins. I have to say that it was the best bison I've ever had, and ranked right up there with the best beef I've ever had as well. The meat literally melted in my mouth....unbelievable....and at $26, quite a bargain! The desserts are all made in-house, and we weren't disappointed....the baklava cheesecake was delectable. The service was friendly, attentive and not overbearing. Including one appetizer, a glass of wine each, main courses and a shared dessert, our bill was just over $80....and we used a $10 coupon from our hotel that made it an even better value. It was more than reasonable for food of this quality. Located on Banff Avenue next to McDonald's, you definitely shoud stop in!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank donnyawesome
Edmonton
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Every visit to Banff, we eat here at least once or twice. The food is delicious, the service is warm and friendly. The prices are very reasonable. What more can one ask for? I had the lamb riblets and a salad, and my companion had the chicken souvlaki. We were not disappointed. I could live on the lamb riblets. The server we got was extremely pleasant!
Definitely go to this place!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank AussieEdmonton
“Belly Dancing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Great food and service with a highly entertaining atmosphere. This venue is for families and groups given there is little space for any private tables. Best place to get your night started on New Years Eve or even spend it with the staff for an affordable event that includes belly dancing!

1 Thank Kellydaawson