“This is based on Customer Service not actual spa services rendered”
Review of Red Earth Spa

Red Earth Spa
Ranked #4 of 15 Spas & Wellness in Banff
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Red Earth Spa is a full service spa with six treatment rooms including one dedicated to hydrotherapy. The Spa also features a manicure and facial room. The spa has a number of areas for clients to relax before, in-between or after a treatment. Come join us at Banff's only full service Spa on Banff Avenue.
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“This is based on Customer Service not actual spa services rendered”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I honestly wish that I could have attended this spa and have basis to comment on the services that they provide but I didn't even get that far in the process. I was booking these services as a nice way to spend a few days in Banff with my mom. As you get older and life gets busier you tend to spend less time with your loved ones so this was some time to hang out and enjoy each others company.
The first time I called I had to leave a message which I thought was weird but I assumed that someone would call me back promptly. When someone finally did call me 4 hours later I was unfortunately unable to take there call and they left a message (a nice enough message indicating I could call back and their hours of operation). I called the next morning when they opened and received someone who I would pray just walked by and answered the phone and was not the person PAID to answer the phone and book appointments.

She was SO rude! I asked a simple question about registered massage therapists and if it was possible to book 2 of them at the same time for me and my mother. She seemed bothered by this request and then rudely stated that we could only do it after 4pm. I asked if there was anything earlier (4pm sort of defeating the purpose of spending the day at the spa) or anything she could do and she stated that well it was the weekend and what else did I expect. It was not the weekend I was looking for it was Friday during the day. She proceed to tell me in a VERY condescending tone that "its the weekend as most people come out Thursday night, making Friday the weekend".

Well that did it for me. I was no longer interested in booking with the Spa and spending HUNDREDS of dollars on their services when the person who answers the phone can't even treat me with respect. So I have no idea how their spa is, if could be FANTASTIC but I guess I will never know.

But no worries about mom and I, we booked into another spa and can spend our money at place where at least the person who answers the phone is nice.

Visited October 2013
5 Thank LilCubb

Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Girl's Stagette at Red Earth”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We spent Saturday afternoon at Red Earth spa to get pampered before our girlfriend wedding. The facilities are beautifully maintained, the product lines (they have organic and top international brands) are used for treatments and available for purchase, and the service is prompt and courteous. The only minus was the lack of training of my massage therapist - she was very detached and disinterested in providing quality experience to her customer, never asked "how is the pressure for you" or "how was your experience" after the treatment, and scratched my foot with one of her long nails, after it was brought to her attention she never acknowledged her fault. Moderate service with fantastic reception/amenities.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Amber G
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Great staff and great service. We had fun and the place was impressive. A little expensive but it was worth it. Good location, keg restaurant few steps away

Visited July 2013
Red Deer, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Amazing afternoon”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We came here for a girls' day, there were 10 of us. The spa was able to accommodate us all. I got a massage and a wrap. I would totally recommend the wrap. They have a variety of fruit and refreshing water available in between treatments. They also have a nice pool.
The staff is very respectful and does really make you feel like you are the priority, which is why you go to the spa, right? I wouldn't say that the prices are any higher than average, but the service is! I will come back

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Russian_queen1
St. John's, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Beautiful Spa with Great Staff”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Went for a pedicure at Red Earth while staying in Banff. The spa itself is beautiful and the facilities are top notch. The change room was spacious with lots of lil extras like hair products, moisturisers, etc for guest use. The lounge had a wonderful selection of teas and iced fruit water. I wish I could remember the name of the girl who did my pedicure because she was absolutely wonderful. I'm a talkative person and we had a wonderful time comparing travel adventures while she meticulously manicured my feet. The cost is high compared to spas in other places but that's to be expected in Banff, however I was disappointed that the bottle of polish wasn't included in the cost of the pedicure.

Visited June 2013