Fox Hotel & Suites
Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$225
$216
Hotels.com
Hidden Ridge Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
$226
$207
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets(Banff)(Great Value!)
$150
$204
$192
$212
$177
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
$192
$176
$254
$243
Fairmont Banff Springs(Banff)
$415
  • Restaurant
2,276 results
All reviewschili's restauranthot tubmake your own waffleswaffle makercontinental breakfastbedroom suiteyogurtcave basinliving areasmall kitchenhard boiled eggsstandard roomunderground parkingsitting roomfree busan upgradebus pass
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

VERY friendly , great ambiance , lush food and the room was very cozy.
A little shocked to see the last few comments!!
Travel a lot and would definitely recommend .
Breakfast buffet did the trick and came back to chilis twice , it was so good
Free shuttle from hotel was very welcome as it was -36 today

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife and I just completed a three night stay (we booked for 4 nights, but left early). Overall we were ok with the stay and the way management resolved an issue. The hotel looks like it draws a fairly young crowd...similar to a spring break crowd. Because of the center courtyard and the hot pool all the noise from the courtyard gets funneled to most rooms within view of the courtyard. Thursday night was quite, Friday night a little louder but acceptable, and then Saturday was truly unacceptable. Because of the noise and a fight that broke out the cops were called to the hotel in the early morning hours. Even with the cops being called the noise still went on and finally I stood out on the balcony at 3am and told the people to go to their room. I phoned the front desk manager that night 3 times and he answered only once. I did talk to the hotel manager the next morning and after some excuses on his part he finally did the right thing and credited us for 1 night and we moved on to a different hotel.

If the hotel is going to draw this type of crowd they need to be prepared to hire security to be onsite after hours. The front desk manager can't handle the situation and this type of crowd does not listen to verbal commands.

We will return to Banff in the future, but will not being staying at the Fox. Great concept with the hot tub and courtyard, but they need to get a handle on the crowd they are drawing.

I will also say that we are fairly tolerant people...noise, laughter, yelling before midnight is one...fighting, yelling the F word, doors slamming..after midnight is another.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank scootr29
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments. I thought we had resolved this here at the hotel, and I was surprised and disappointed to read your review. As explained, we did have a rowdy bunch in which we needed to call for security and police. This was very unfortunate and not the norm here. As far as drawing a 'spring break crowd', we actually tend to have more families stay here at the Fox, and we do enforce our quiet hour of 11pm. We do have an outside on-call security company that completes rounds of the property as well. Once again we are sorry for the disturbance these guests caused.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in September and very disappointed. The rooms were very small and cramped and had very little space to place luggage or to hang clothes. My husband and I are keen line dancers and we inquired at the front desk as to where we might find live music and line dancing and was met with the comment, "Oh I don't go out much", surely the front desk staff should have a handle on what is going on around their town so they can pass information onto guests. Breakfast was allegedly included in the price however when we went to breakfast we had to fend for ourselves, the waiting staff did not tell us where to go for the buffet and we were not so much as greeted with a good morning. This hotel is evidently all about the footfall and not about the guests and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda n
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

It is with disappointment that I read your review. I'm very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us, and would not return. For those looking for added space, I can recommend our suites. As far as our Front Desk team not offering information, and our Restaurant staff not greeting you, I apologize. This is certainly not up to the standards we strive for, and I appreciate your feedback. I will be reviewing our standards of guest service with our team. You certainly should have been given information and a warm greeting. I apologize on behalf of our team.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The good: Ideal location within an easy walk of downtown. Sue, the front desk manager who greeted me at check-in, was top-notch and a very pleasant conversationalist, helping me determine how to make the most of my limited time in Banff.

The not-so-good: Painfully average room and amenities. I visited midweek and was honestly surprised that the room I was assigned was, well, budget hotel quality, and tiny. The vaunted "hot springs" replica is really just a giant stylized hot tub in a dark, cave-like room on the ground floor. The two other desk staff members I met with weren't friendly and appeared preoccupied...with what I can't imagine, given the low occupancy at the time.

I'd stay elsewhere next time I'm in Banff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank 4richer4poorer
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review. I am pleased to see you appreciated Su, and were helped in making the most of your time in Banff.

I am sorry to read that you were not as impressed with service from others on our team. We aim to provide great guest service for all. I am sorry we missed the mark here.

Was there something specific that made you feel as though the your room was 'budget quality'? This is a very rare comment, as we generally receive very positive reviews on our rooms, as well as our unique Cave & Basin inspired hot pool. Our amenities are sourced locally, and are usually favored by our guests. I do appreciate feedback, and if it was something specific that we could improve upon, I would love to hear from you. I will send you a personal message to discuss. Thank you once again for sharing your comments.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Recently visited the Fox for an overnight stay and must say the service was top notch. Rooms very nice and clean. The spa area is a very unique concept having the appearance of a cave and basin, which makes it feel very different. Very enjoyable stay, would recomme

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business