“Excellent Customer Service!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Calgary
“Excellent Customer Service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I absolutely adore every aspect of Venturing out to the mountains. Particularly, our favourite part of our trips to Banff is staying at the Fox hotel.
We are no strangers to this property- we try and make a point to stay here about 4 times a year.
Every visit is incredible. We are greeted with warm welcoming and the stay is nothing less than amazing.
The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. All of our requests are always met and the management team goes above and beyond at every opportunity. This is what brings us back.

Most recently, I was 'Wowed' by the speed of response and the ability for us to book a room on such short notice via email.
I sent an email to the office manager the night before we were planning to visit. He responded almost instantly and as always, was able to accommodate my requests for a certain room I love. I was beyond ecstatic, since it was a last minute decision for our visit!

Besides the outstanding service, the cleanliness is impeccable. The grotto is always a pleasure to relax in, and it is quite central to the main events and outing area in Banff.

I would 100% recommend the Fox hotel to anyone travelling to Banff. All of my friends and family stay at the Fox also.
Best hotel in Banff. Period.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sheens H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here for two days and when we checked in, it was hot outside and the room we were given was humid and small and hot. I asked if they had ac and the answer was basically they did not have it all the rooms, only the ones with a bigger price tag. I asked how much and they upgraded me to a loft apt for 60 bucks more a night, which I found reasonable and was much more spacious and met our needs then. Otherwise, it would have been fine to stay in the rooms without ac but in mid summer, you would need to be careful. For the price, all n all, pretty nice place and certainly clean, well maintained and very pleasant staff!

Room Tip: If I was going to stay in Banff again, I would go ahead and just stay at the Banff Spring Fairmont...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank csgregory
Congleton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

First major issue - room temp 27degC and no aircon. Fan in closet very noisy, reception brought 2nd fan which was an improvement - but not ideal. The room was small & cramped (especially with 2 fans). No room for luggage. No hanging for clothes, only box shelves. No privacy - door and only window opens to courtyard with jacuzzi in centre - so very noisy with voices echoing - especially having to keep window open for heat. Room was dark and dingy as blinds had to be closed all the time for privacy. Reception unable to give us another room. Would not recommend or return to.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank Dave F
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights this week here, friendly accommodating staff , very clean rooms ,as others have said the wallpaper with the wildlife on is an interesting touch that makes it a liitle bit different to other hotels ,we thought the rooms were very well equipped..Stay included continental breakfast which was really good , plenty if choice to keep you going past lunch . Free parking and wifi are good to have . Ate in the restaurant (chilli's) in the evening which again was good . Lovely views of the mountains from the hotel , well situated on banff ave for getting around .if we come to Banff again we would definitely stay here again .

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon B
Legal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had booked two rooms to accommodate 5 adults and 2 kids. When we arrived I had asked for queen beds as this is what I thought I had booked. They told me that Travelocity did not transmit this info but they would put us in rooms with queen beds. I thought this was really nice, but when we got in the small rooms, they had one queen bed and a single pull out couch which would sleep 6. Well with 7 people in two rooms this was not going to work, so back to the desk we had to go. At this point we did not have the beds required to sleep all the people we had booked for. So the only option now was to pay additional money to upgrade to a room that would have enough beds to accommodate what I had originally booked. How is that right? Breakfast was good.

I look forward to my visit at Hidden Ridge Resort in September as I hear it ranks the highest in Banff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank JeannieSmallTown
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed at the Fox Hotel for four nights, July 2 through the 6th. Our first night, we arrived late, and woke up a few hours later sweating, and saw our thermostat said 26 degrees c. That means almost 79 degrees f. We called downstairs to say our AC wasn't working, and the desk told us that only the expensive rooms have AC so we should use the fan in the closet. The next night, we noticed a lot of the guests left their window open at night for air so we tried that. To our misfortune, there were loud people drinking and smoking just outside our room all night., plus our room was still hot even with the window open. The design of the hotel is very open, with all the doors facing the courtyard, so any noise from anywhere in the hotel is loud if your window is open, and the cool ambient temperatures at night never seemed to cool off our room. We spent a lot of money for rooms that made it impossible to get any sleep. Banff was a great destination, but this hotel was Very disappointing.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank RobertaP2013
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We travelled as a family of four and were upgraded to a suite as our rooms weren't ready. We had a very good stay - all the staff from the moment we arrived were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The room itself was big and spacious, clean and well located with wonderful views of the mountains. Location-wise it was a 10 minute walk from downtown Banff but the Roam bus service has a stop nearby (the hotel also provide you with passes for this for 3 days). Maybe the only tiny things going against this place were the lack of concierge service (we had LOTS of luggage!) and the fact that the hot spa, while a great facility to have, makes you feel dizzier after a hard day's hiking! However I definitely wanna return to Banff and would consider this place again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family