Fox Hotel & Suites
$353
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
$353
  • Restaurant
Rundlestone Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
2,290 results
All reviewschili's restauranthot tubmake your own waffleswaffle makercontinental breakfastbedroom suiteyogurtcave basinliving areasmall kitchenstandard roomhard boiled eggsunderground parkingsitting roomfree busan upgradebus pass
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our 3 nights at The Fox Hotel, mainly because we paid $25 a night extra foot a better room. First room we were shown had small window, next to hotel generator. The better room was well worth it. V well appointed, good bed, and hotel service is friendly and helpful. Bit noisy at night. We are OAPs and I had the feeling this hotel would be best for families and under 40s.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jimunist
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Me, my husband, my in laws,my 10 month old and my 3 yr old just finished a two night stay at the fox hotel and suite. I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past five years and always been more than satisfied. I used to refer to this as my favourite hotel and recommend it to people.... That is no longer the case.
I reserved this hotel and our two bedroom suite at the back side of the hotel two months in advance for fathers day weekend. When we showed up and unpacked we were happy with our room... Location size and amenities. After unpacking and setting up play pens ,food, and toys for the kids I realized that about one quarter of the carpet in our room was soaking wet in some weird sticky unidentifiable liquid.
We called the front desk and they sent maintenance up to take a look. The maintenance man couldn't find the source of a leak. They talked to the chamber maids who also had no idea what it could be.
The front desk gave us the option of switching to a smaller, darker, uglier room with no balconies right beside the noisy elevator (not ideal with two kids who need to nap or get any sleep)for the same rate that we were paying for our large bright quiet suite that I reserved.... Or having maintenance bring up a heater to dry the liquid and staying out of the room with the door closed. After spending an hour unpacking all of the kids things we decided it would be easier to stay in the room with the soiled floor instead of packing everything back up and switching rooms (anyone with kids understands what an inconvenience that is).
What we didn't realize was that it was going to take over 4 hrs for the liquid to dry while having someone come in and out of our room. Not very enjoyable or relaxing... We were not able to use our room or put our daughters to sleep until 9 o'clock that night due to this.
We were told that we could speak to the manager the following day to rectify the situation. When we did finally get to talk to him we found him to be extremely argumentative, rude and insensitive.He kept interrupting and would not even let me speak. At one point I was feeling so bullied by him I was in tears.He said that because they offered us a different room ( the tiny ,dark ,noisy room with no balconies) there was nothing else that he would do for us....The conversation ended with the manager yelling at my husband in front of guests (and our two kids) from across the lobby. Incredibly unprofessional and scary! Unless the hotel changes the way they treat their guests or gets a new manager with a small amount of people skills we will never again be returning or referring this hotel to anyone in the future!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank KaraB2013
beautifulbanff, Front Office Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us.

It is important for our readers to read both sides of this situation. I would like to clarify that the manager-on-duty immediately addressed the wet carpet situation at the time you informed him of this. He was quick to respond, sending maintenance and housekeeping up to your room to look for the source of the problem. As he realized the carpet was indeed wet and that it would take a while to dry, he immediately offered an alternative; another suite for you to move into. This was declined by you.

The room you had been offered was the exact same room type as the one you were in. This was not a different catagory, but the exact same room type. This was the only same category suite which was available due to the busy father’s day weekend.

We feel that your review is very one-sided, and I do wish to state that guest service and customer satisfaction is of upmost importance. We strongly feel that our manager handled the situation with tact and professionalism. I am sorry you did not see it this way.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel itself is average with the standard queen rooms being VERY small, smaller than other hotel rooms that we are use to staying in at any 3 or 4 star hotel. The rooms themselves seemed clean other than the towels that were just plain nasty. Two out of the four towels provided were very dirty, yellow stains bigger than a size of tennis ball, something housekeeping should have noticed prior to setting out for their guests. The pillows were not comfortable, far to big and not only did we wake up with sore necks so did the other couple that also stayed at this hotel. Bring your own!

On a positive note the location is pretty good, approx 10 min walk to downtown. The cave like hot springs at the hotel are amazing with a great atmosphere. Keep in mind that the water is very hot so not good for children. The WIFI at this hotel is also very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank traveltime1228
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry to hear you recieved towels that were stained. I do hope you brought this to our attention and had them replaced. For future travellers, if you do not enjoy big fluffy pillows, please do not hesitate to request a thinner pillow. We will have this in your room prior to your arrival, or if you call down after checking in, we'll be happy to deliver.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This well situated hotel was a pleasure to stay in. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The suites are spacious and well appointed. The hotel also boasts great views, good restaurant and unique hot tub.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Angiej05
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed out of the sking season. The hotel was disappointing. Our room, along with many others, had windows and a door facing the courtyard (and a walkway) in the centre of the hotel, consequently there was no privacy. The room was reasonably well appointed but was far too small for two queen sized beds - this was the smallest room we had experienced on a month long trip in the US and Canada. The room had a notice explaining the hotel management's responsibility, with the help of the police, towards rowdy behavior by hotel guests - the hotel have a quiet time from 11pm to 8 am. It doesn't seem to work, we were woken at 2 am by shouting. However, the restaurant was quite good (and lively) for dinner and breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the courtyard, if there are any, would be preferable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank AncientmarinerUk
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

I'm disappointed to read your review. We have various room types at the Fox with square footage ranging from 230 sqare feet, to 750 square feet. We have rooms facing the interior of the hotel, and suites facing the exterior. Perhaps you would have prefered an exterior facing suite with more space? For future travellers, please visit our website to find the perfect room for you.

We do our best to enforce our quiet hour. We hope all guests are respectful of others, however some are having such a good time, their laughter and voice may carry while on the way to their beds. Should you be disturbed, simply dial '0' on your in-room phone for our friendly Front Desk. We are here to assist you 24-7.

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our on site restaurant. Hopefully you will visit us again, and perhaps pick another room type? We would love to welcome you back.