Fox Hotel & Suites
  • Restaurant
Rundlestone Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$248
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $284/night.

$488
$375
Hidden Ridge
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
$353
$277
$330
$304
$526
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
Brewster's Mountain Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$345
$413
$396
Orbitz.com
2,290 results
All reviewschili's restauranthot tubmake your own waffleswaffle makercontinental breakfastbedroom suiteyogurtcave basinliving areasmall kitchenstandard roomhard boiled eggsunderground parkingsitting roomfree busan upgradebus pass
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was our first stay at the Fox Inn. The rooms surround a beautiful centre courtyard. It is very loud. There were people coming and going all hours. They were whooping and laughing. Expect to be awake between the hours of midnight to about 2am. We called the front desk the second night and it quieted down for a bit. Then there are the bins, which they start pushing on the brick walkways at about 6am. Expect to be jolted awake by a huge bang, followed by 15 minutes of noisy bins being pushed. I have stayed in many hotels in my life, but have never encountered noise like this before. Would never stay here againg and would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone whos wishses to sleep on their trip. There was not air conditioning so the room got very hot.

Room Tip: Do not pick a room on the central courtyard. Try to pick a room on the back of the hotel. I don't know if you can get far enough away to not hear the rolling bins at 6am.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Heather C
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It is from valuable guest feedback that we can improve. I am very sorry to hear you were disturbed during your sleep. I have contacted the company that made the early morning delivery, and requested a later drop off time. Please contact me directly, as I would like to discuss your situation further. Guest satisfaction is of upmost importance to us, and we value your business. I have sent you my telephone number and email address.

For future travellers: our quiet time begins at 11pm. If at anytime you are disturbed by other guests, please call our friendly 24 hour front desk. We will ensure our quiet time is enforced, for the enjoyment of all guests. All our suites have air conditioning, hotel rooms do not.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was our second stay at the Fox. We had a loft suite, which was very spacious and comfortable. On this occasion, as we asked for 2 beds, we actually got a 1 bed loft suite plus a double room, with fireplace, and the usual kitchen facilities. Although the hotel doesn't have it's own bus stop for the Ski buses, the nearest stop is right next door. Plus they over a free local bus pass, although the centre of town is only a 7 minute walk. Breakfast was included and was good, although a bit limited on choice. There is a spa too but treatments are at a sister hotel a couple of minutes away.

Room Tip: Loft suites are spacious
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travelocity629
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at the Fox for three nights. My husband was at a conference at the Banff Springs, but we decided to save some money and stay off site. The Fox provided him with a free bus pass, so he took the bus to and from the conference each day. The hotel is a short walk (10-15 min.) into the main downtown area. We had a rental car and there was always lots of parking available in the underground garage. However, this was a slow time of year and hotel was not full.

We had a basic room with a queen bed and a small couch. The room was a bit small, but clean and comfortable. The entrance to each room opens to a common open courtyard and you have to go outside to get to the pool, lobby, restaurant and parking. This is a bit annoying in the winter and has the potential to be loud when the hotel is busy.

The continental breakfast was included in our room rate and it was adequate. Juice, coffee, pastries, yogurt, dry cereal, waffles, fruit.

The hot pool is really neat. Great place to relax after a day of hiking or skiing.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank petiteg
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at The Fox and we just love it. We've stayed here a few times now and have no complaints what so ever. The location is great, the staff are wonderful and always so friendly, I love that there is continental b'fast included and you can't forget the hot tub - so cool!
This trip we brought my grandparents along and being 80 years of age the suite was great for us because if they weren't feeling up to it they just relaxed back in our room which was very comfortable! We will continue to book The Fox each time we visit Banff - which is often!

Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Jennim22
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I make several trips to Banff every year and have stayed at many different Hotels in the area. The Fox has been the most convenient and comfortable location yet. We have stayed at the FOX a few times now and have had a great stay every time. Good location, friendly staff and the best nights sleep I have had in a long time. We had a suite that included a living space and kitchenette that made the time in our room much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple