Fox Hotel & Suites
$417
$325
$333
$306
Best Western Plus Siding 29 Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$432
$319
$530
  • Restaurant
$272
$245
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$375
getaroom.com
$292
TripAdvisor
2,287 results
All reviewschili's restauranthot tubmake your own waffleswaffle makercontinental breakfastbedroom suiteyogurtcave basinliving areasmall kitchenstandard roomhard boiled eggsunderground parkingsitting roomfree busan upgradebus pass
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed here for a week just before Easter. The front desk was fabulous and provided lots of help planning our week! We had the "Superior 1 bedroom suite", which was was on the rear facing side of the hotel - which I highly recommend because of the noise of the other guests. I got up at 2 am to refill my water bottle with ice (which requires going outside and down to the basement). I was shocked at how much noise one group was making on their deck right above our room. However in the lower floor of our suite, we couldn't hear a thing! . The suite is 2 story - partially in the basement - it was not large but plenty cozy with nice linens and comfortable mattresses. The decorations and furnishings are new-looking and tasteful. The bathroom and kitchen were on the small side but sufficient. The hotel is an easy 10-15 min walk to town. The Chili's does room service-which was really nice after a long day of skiing. The other super nice feature is the fabulous cave-like hot tub. It got a lot of use but was very clean each time we visited. The room was also very clean. The breakfast included with the room was pretty good- make your own waffles, cereal, pastries, yogurt, some fruit, and boiled eggs. I think it would make a nice addition to have omelets or eggs prepared to order -even if for an extra fee.

I would change a few thing about the hotel: 1.) there isn't enough space to hang towels. We used the shower rod for towels but then there was no space for wet suits. One of those string extension clothes lines for the shower would have been nice. Or, there was a little out cove in our bathroom under the stairs. Not sure if all the rooms have this, but if they did, this space should have a towel rod for hanging stuff. 2.) There was a wine opener but no bottle opener for non-twist off bottles. 3.) The upstairs couch was stiff and not very comfortable - it made a weird noise every time you moved almost like the cushions were wrapped in plastic wrap under the upholstery.

The Chili's was convenient, the wait staff was very friendly but the food was so-so. I ordered a chicken pasta dinner. The chicken breast was the kind that looks like the grill marks were 'painted' on....funny because right over the fireplace was a sign that says "license to grill" -I'd bet $100 bucks my chicken was not grilled. But the spinach cheese dip and chips were good.

Overall our stay was wonderful! I would stay at those hotel again!

Our favorite ski resort was Lake Louise, which is about 40 minutes away. What makes it so nice is that each lift has a green run, which allows groups of all levels to ski together, meeting up at the lift.

Room Tip: Rear facing rooms are quiter!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LizzieSmartDArcy
Reviewed March 27, 2013

What can we say other than this whole trip was awesome. It was our first time to Banff- our stay at the Fox was fantastic. Our condo was clean, spacious , warm & cozy. Had great view. The staff were all very helpful & happy. What better way to relax after a long day of skiing/boarding than with a soak in the grotto style hottub & a good nights rest in very comfortable bed.
Hotel was a short walking distance from downtown. Free parking & continental breakfast. Great value for your dollar. Will absolutely return & recommend to family & friends.
Christina & Troy (Ontario)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christina D
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days in August 2012. The room was a bit dated, but the bed was comfortable, there was an LCD TV with cable, Free Wifi, and we slept well each night. The Free parking was also nice, but you have to make sure your car is in before it gets too late, otherwise the parking spots seem to get filled. The hot tub in the hotel is particularly interesting, as it is fashioned to feel like you are in a cave that opens up to the sky through the middle of the building's open court. It was pretty neat when it rained!

As all things in Banff, the room prices were expensive. However, we thought it was basically par for the course in that respect. The Hotel is located out of the town center, but it only took 15 minutes to walk downtown. The restaurant at the hotel (Chilly's) has decent food, but we found the portion sizes really small for the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan M
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had heard a number of friends tell me that this hotel was amazing, so my boyfriend and I decided to give it a try.

Pros
Check-in was super easy.
Hotel staff was very friendly.
Heated underground parking which is great for the winter.
Room was cozy.
Bed and pillows were very comfortable.
Chili's on the main floor is really convenient and you get a continental breakfast during your stay. They have a make your own waffle station and the waffles are REALLY good.
Close enough to walk to the shops in Banff easily, but far enough way that it's quiet.

Cons
Parking lot is small and spaces are tight. Our Sierra fit, but I don't think it would have if there were more vehicles there when we arrived.
Our room was really small
Although it was cool to look at, the hot tub was more like pool temperature. It isn't really big enough to move around much (like a hot tub), but it's not warm enough to be a hot tub (like a pool)...we just kind of sat in the luke warm water. And did not stay long.

Overall, we definitely enjoyed our stay and will most likely return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LisaMichelle23
Reviewed March 24, 2013

After reading TripAdvisor reviews, my husband and I decided to stay at The Fox It was our first stay at The Fox, but it will not be our last! Our stay was very comfortable, and the hotel is located very close to downtown (within a short walk). I was investigating for a future getaway with friends in the summer, and the staff let us look at several rooms that met our criteria. The rooms were spacious and clean. Housekeeping does an excellent job. Over our 1 night stay we saw several cleaners making sure that all was shiny and new-looking, and any boot marks from all the snow and salt was taken care of, before it could be unsightly! The hotel has free underground parking which was very nice. The hot tub/pool is amazing!! The free continental breakfast was filling and delicious. We will definitely be recommending this hotel. Michael at the front desk went above and beyond, and was very helpful in answering all of our questions. The only thing that was not perfect.... I would have loved hotel slippers and robe to use when going to the pool from our room. That said - there are big clean change rooms, so the robe and slippers would just be an extravagance! Looking forward to staying there in the future!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple