Fox Hotel & Suites
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets(Banff)(Great Value!)
$129
$118
$62
Good 3.5/5
Elk + Avenue Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
$133
Very Good 4/5
Brewster's Mountain Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$122
$129
$93
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
Tunnel Mountain Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
$133
$93
Orbitz.com
$249
$159
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Bow View Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$77
2,263 results
All reviewschili's restauranthot tubmake your own waffleswaffle makercontinental breakfastbedroom suiteyogurtcave basinliving areasmall kitchenhard boiled eggsstandard roomunderground parkingsitting roomfree busan upgradebus pass
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Decided to stay at the Fox in a last minute decision as we were driving through Banff and stayed a night. Did some hiking and spent lots of time downtown which isn't too far. Loved the underground parking, very convenient. The hot tub is the best I have ever been in. I can imagine how awesome the hot tub would be in the winter. Spectacular!
We ended up staying two nights in the hotel as it was so awesome.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason D
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at the Fox for the weekend of Winterstart. The hotel, the room, the staff.. everything was exceptional! You walk in, and immediately get the sense of a cozy mountain retreat with the wood fire burning. The room was immaculate and charming. Every staff member we interacted with was very friendly and accomodating. There's free wifi, which can essentially be used all over the town I found... huge bonus! We found it was very easy to walk into the centre of town from the hotel, and did not need our vehicle during our stay. I forgot my bathing suit and was very disappointed I couldn't use the hot tub, but friends who also stayed said it was fantastic... must remember to pack it next time!

Only annoying factor was there was no underground parking available to us, and we ended up having to park our vehicle on a side road about two blocks away, most likely because it was a busy weekend and the race start was a block away. However, I ended up thinking about my car all night long. Chili's was what it was - Chili's. We tried to grab a late dinner, and ended up waiting a half an hour for a table, despite the restaurant being dead. Will make sure to make a reservation elsewhere so we would have another option next time!

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard suite with two beds. Beds are doubles, just something to keep in mind. It's a very "cozy" room!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Probably one of my all time favourite hotels. Stayed towards the end of September for 4 nights and had a great time. The hotel is clean and staff very helpful. Chilli's is a great place to eat and the location of the hotel was excellent.
The free bus pass was well used during our stay but the 10-15 minute walk into town was also nice.
We stayed in the superior loft suite and could not fault it.
When we revisit Banff in the future the Fox will be on top of my list for places to stay.
If I had to be picky I'd say the only bad point was the broken tikes on the lift/elevator floor need repairing as they could pose a danger to children.
Overall lived my stay at the Fox so much we did not want to leave.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Bilbo1964
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and had a great stay !! The room was ready when we arrived and it was impeccably clean. The room was perfect for our little family. The service was second to none and we were thoroughly impressed with the hotel. The hot tub area was great - we agreed that it was probably the nicest hot tub area we have been to and we have stayed at plenty of 5 star resorts throughout north america and Europe. The pool and floor were very clean and the design idea is really interesting.

Thank you to the staff for an excellent retreat !!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lloydcouple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I love this place from the moment you walk in. Nice fireplaces and great ambience.

The rooms are fantastic and well equipped. I just love the smoky wood smell lingering around the hotel. Perfect!

I will be coming back here next year for a longer stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends