“Good for One Night Stay”
Review of Fox Hotel & Suites

Fox Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel it VERY nice, of course the hot tub is a grand sight.....the smell of the fire in the lobby and through out the complex is quintessentially mountain retreat. The room I had was OK, had everything I needed. The soap and shampoo is top notch. I was hoping for a room with a balcony, but glad I did not. The room faced onto the street, so plenty of car traffic and foot traffic, the bus stop outside was a gathering place till later in the evening. Not a fault of the hotel, but perhaps triple paned windows may have helped (like airport hotels). The restaurant was very busy, but I received prompt, attentive service from the bartender for dinner. Breakfast in the morning was a little lacking in hot offerings (plenty of carbs), but a "to-go" cup for my coffee was very much appreciated for my drive. I was unaware do I sit myself or not.....so after a few moments I sat myself, I never was I asked for my meal voucher. I would stay again, but would ensure that the room did not face the street. The Hot Tub area looked amazing and wish I would have taken advantage of it. Check in and check out was friendly, efficient and genuine!

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing the street
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David A
Write a ReviewReviews (2,212)

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We found this hotel to be really clean, comfy beds,great heated pools, we would stay again, i like my cleanliness , would highly recommend this hotel.Really good location 5 min walk to town. They were very helpful to were good food & coffee is, ( WILD FLOWER ) for coffee, being aussie our coffee is different to canada so it was good.

Room Tip: our room was fine 2nd floor, only got a bit noisy in morning people walking past talking loadly, but...
1  Thank wendy b
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We loved our days t Fox Hotels and Suites. As we checked in they made us a special offer to upgrade us for a good price so we had a very very nice room with kitchenette. The Breakfast was excellent, fresh fruits, yoghurt, cereals, toast, muffins, waffles,...anything you want. The washrooms (even in the garage) were decorated with fresh flowers and were very clean. The hot tub is great! We will definetly come back to this wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank lupino1
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and found our complimentary breakfast satisfying. It is also nice to hear you appreciated the fresh floral arrangements in our public washrooms.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fox on your next trip to Banff.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is newest in Banff yet seems old.
Rooms very very basic for the money. Not even a mini fridge for $259 per night.
We were told we had best room, yet we overlooked the main street, lots of traffic noise. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank drmarcmx
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am surprised to hear you thought our hotel 'seemed old'. Was there something specific we can address?

Our hotel rooms do not have a mini fridge, but all our suites have full micro kitchens, with mini fridge, microwave, cupboards of dishes, sink and counter top. Should you be looking for a fridge, I would suggest booking a suite.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed. Our prices are very competitive in Banff. Plus we offer complimentary wi/fi, heated underground parking, bus passes, and continental breakfast which most Banff properites charge for.

If there are specifics we can address, I welcome the opportunity to discuss these with you. I appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I went to Banff last week and stayed at the Fox Hotel and Suites. Tas Pereira met us at the desk and took excellent care of us throughout our stay. Our room was wonderful. The bed was very comfortable and the balcony was the perfect place for a glass of wine in the evening and a cup of coffee in the morning. The hotel is close enough to downtown that you can walk but far enough away that you still get quiet evenings.

1  Thank Janice B

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and especially happy, (but not at all surprised) to hear you received excellent service from our Front Office Manager Tas. He is certainly a great leader in our team, and I will commend him for his efforts. Tas and myself look forward to welcoming you back to the Fox again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were given a small room overlooking the courtyard. The room was dark, even with the lamps turned on. The bathroom was small. No air conditioning with temps in the high 80's (there was a fan). Window had to be left open due to the heat and noise of guests laughing and talking loudly woke us up at 2:30 in the morning. Desk staff were very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank peppygirlGA
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments with future travellers. July is a peak month for us, and we are often sold out. I'm sorry that the only room left available disappointed you. I would suggest booking in advance when possible. We have many bright suites with floor to ceiling windows, and beautiful mountain views. These also have air conditioning. Our standard rooms do not. I am very pleased to hear your found our desk staff very nice, and I hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

In a highly competitive market such as Banff it takes a lot to stand out. The Fox delivered. The location was just enough outside of town so you were close to shopping but far enough away to be out of the hustle. Very nicely appointed hotel. Cozy room and comfortable beds.

1  Thank DeCaigny