2,340 results
All reviewschili's restauranthot tubmake your own waffleswaffle makercontinental breakfastbedroom suiteyogurtcave basinliving areasmall kitchenhard boiled eggsstandard roomunderground parkingsitting rooman upgradefree busbus pass
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Good hotel but I do not believe it deserves its current rating on Trip Advisor. We checked in and were offered an upgrade to a suite with kitchen which based on our experience in Whistler we chose. However, on inspection of the suite we noted that the only items that the suite had over a standard room other than space and a living area was a microwave and a fridge- there was no stove top or oven. I wouldn't eat microwave meals therefore I felt it would not allow us to prepare an evening meal. Also, the suite was split over two levels which meant taking the luggage up and down a steep stairs. On review of the suite we re-elected for a standard room. This was 90-95% and I would deduct 5-10% for the lack of natural light in the room, no A/C, lack of space to store cases, and the plastic glasses in the rooms (a bit cheap and let the place down). On the other hand- breakfast was included in the rate (good enough for a free continental) and the pool/hot springs pool was lovely. All in all I would recommend this hotel and I enjoyed my time there but with the caveats above.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

I am sorry to hear you feel our property is over-rated. Remember, these are the opinions of guests that have stayed with us, so the rating is a reflection of their opinions of our property, service and staff.

We do offer 'micro-kitchens' here at the Fox, but can provide full kitchens for guests at some of our sister properties.

I hope you chose Banff Lodging Company for all future stays in Banff. I am certain we can provide accomodation to suit your needs.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Great place. Lovely rooms with very comfy beds. Good size flat screen tv.
Amazing hot pool and spa facility. Sauna wasn't that hot but hot pool made up for it.
Gym is very small and very limited. No treadmill but I used cross trainer machine instead.

Breakfast is nice. Waffles, yogurt, toast, pastries, few cereals. (nice light snack)

Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank NAB-Manchester
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I will make this short and sweet. The staff, the location, the hotel are simply top notch.

We had a king loft suite with fireplace, breakfast was included (It was great contrary to some other reviews). The room was clean, had a great view, the bed was perfect.

The best part of this hotel is the hot-tub. It is in a grotto setting that is open to the elements. There was hardly anyone there at any given time, and it was CLEAN & HOT. So many hotels have pools / hot-tubs but they just don't make them a priority. The Fox brings back memories of being a kid going to hotels with my parents and the pools being great.

Thank you Fox for taking pride in your establishment. My wife and I WILL RETURN.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rubbsy
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Hi all!

My girlfriend and I stayed at The Fox Hotel & Suites in August 2011.

We didn't know the hotel, but the opinions at tripadvisor were very helpful to make the final decision.

Let's make a quick review from our stay:

Location

The hotel is located in a quiet area of the town in Banff Avenue. It is not the city center but it is a quick walk to it. Also, the hotel offers you a free pass for the 2 routes of the ROAM public transit bus system. They allow you to reach downtown and the main sights to see. Nevertheless, we prefer walking and we didn’t use them.

Check in

We found really friendly staff at the front desk. They offered us the possibility to have an upgrade to a better suite for a few more dollars and we accepted it.

Rooms

When we saw the room, it was amazing. We had a living room with fireplace and a small kitchen with a microwave and fridge. The mountain views from the back of the hotel were spectacular. Our room was in the top floor and it was very quiet. We had a really big bed.

Food and restaurants

There are plenty of restaurants downtown and also in the way from the hotel. Also, the Chili's Grill bar in the hotel offers you several options for breakfast, lunch and dinner (salads, burgers, pizzas, pasta…). Our room rate included continental breakfast and it was ok (fruit, waffles, sweets, toasts….).

Amenities

The hotel has a gym and a Jacuzzi-pool with an open roof. It’s open 9am until 11pm. If you try it at the end of day, it is not crowded and you could relax after a full day of walking.

We really recommend this hotel. We would definitely repeat.

One recommendation: don´t miss Vermilion lakes (near Banff) in the afternoon. Views of the lakes and mountains reflected on them are really amazing.

Ana & Nacho
Madrid, Spain

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank AnnaSC
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Pros:
Good sized rooms with traditional Canadian feel.
Central location -five minute walk to Banff centre.
Underground cave-style hot tub.
Free breakfast
Free underground car parking
Chilli's restaurant in hotel very good for basic food - burgers, fried chicken etc.
Helpful staff
Decent amount of storage and a safe in room.
Good range of TV channels

Cons:
All rooms look out directly onto main walkway so you have to keep blinds closed for privacy.
Shower too powerful and head couldn't be repositioned - hard to avoid soaking bathroom floor.
No aircon in room, only a fan. Fairly stuffy in the summer.

Room Tip: Make sure room looks out onto main courtyard. Rooms by the stairwell face directly out onto a wall, so are very dark.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple