WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Bristol
“A Foxy retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

Just come back from the Fox Hotel in Banff. It was the first time to Canada and It wont be the last. The Hotel was warm very very welcoming and of very high standards. The room was roomy enough lets face it on a ski trip you only sleep in the room and the beds were so comfortable and so were the pillows that I actually bought one ! There was coffee making facilities and a powerful hair-dryer which makes a change with plenty of cupboard space. The spa area was amazing the best I have been in. The cave like area was so unique the only thing missing was a steam room but that's my personal preference, they did have a dry sauna though and jacuzzi. The Ladies changing room had plenty of towels and a great shower with yet again powerful hair-dryers. The breakfast at the Fox which was included was however a little basic. It was continental but all the continental breakfasts I have had consist of a little meat and cheese but don't be put off there is a small choice and ALL the staff are so friendly and HELPFUL. I will certainly be going back and hello to the Bristolian Bar Manager !!

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
I have to agree with you, our beds are heavenly! With our signature Mountain feather bed, and goose down duvet, sometimes getting out of bed to hit the hill is a challenge in itself! I am glad to hear you are taking a bit of the Fox home with you, with the pillow you purchased, but you will have to visit again to enjoy the full Foxy experience.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

We stayed at the fox hotel and suites and enjoyed the foxy at the fox package. Our room was very clean and exceeded our expectations. We also quite enjoyed the hot tub and the cave and basin recreation was unique and very nice. We hope to stay again in the future. It is one of the more expensive places to stay in banff but you do get your money's worth!

Room Tip: Look for packages and last minute deals
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KelseyDH
Westerose, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

Awesome hotel! We stayed in a loft suite which was beautiful & bright. The beds were comfortable. Our favorite thing about the hotel was their "cave" hot pool. Very relaxing and romantic!! Our only minor complaint was that our room could have been a little cleaner. The floors were quite dusty and our upstairs toilet hadn't been cleaned. Everything else was perfect. An extra special "Thanks" to Eric the front desk manager for giving us early check in and putting us in a beautiful suite!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Teena6612
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your feedback. I am very disappointed in you comments regarding cleanliness, and have investagated this with our Housekeeping Manager. This is truly not up to our standard, and I apologise for this.

I do hope to welcome you back the the Fox Hotel & Suites in the near future.
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2011

Could not fault this hotel, the rooms however were small not designed for spending lots of time in other than sleeping but we were in Canada and who really wants to spend time in their rooms! We are a family of 4 adults and although space was limited we managed. The room was spotless everything you needed was supplied and if it wasn't the hotel staff were more than happy to supply. The staff could not be faulted, they were friendly, polite, courteous nothing was to much trouble. the location was excellent a 10 minute walk into the main town and the hotel provided free vouchers for the local bus service if preferred. Breakfast was basic but more than adequate. I would certainly recommend and happily stay here again - thank you The Fox - BTW Banff and Canada is awesome!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Mundelein, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

This is the newest hotel/condo in Banff and has everything you need. The guys skied and had next door shuttles to the ski hill. The girls went shopping....2 blocks to downtown Banff....wonderful little town. The girls also went on 2 tours including dog sledding organized through the front office. There is a Chili's in the hotel and it also has a very nice unusual hot tub. We stayed in a 2BR 2BA with kitchenette and LR for TV viewing. Definitely recommended with wonderful staff and assistance! Don't miss the Greek restaurant show in town on Tues. and Thursdays.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

First of all I would like to say that I completely agree with one of the last posts and yes this establishment should be considered a motel. If the manager would check the definition in the dictionary it reads, : an establishment which provides lodging in which the rooms are usually accessible from an outdoor parking area. I can walk out my room and jump directly into my car and I can not access the interior of the hotel without going outside first...thus being a MOTEL. OK they have a few extras that you would normally not find in a motel such as free continental breakfast and a hot tub but besides the couple of extras....it's a motel. The problem with that is, when you want to use the very nice hot tub they have to offer, you have to go there fully clothed with your coat to get around to the other side of the building so you don't freeze on your way and then the best part is when you are nice and cozy warm from being in the hot tub, you get to freeze your butt off getting back to your room again.
I can say front desk was extreamly friendly when we arrived and the food in the restaurant was ok but very expensive. (my bill for 4 of us was $100 which included one appy that we shared and one meal each with a pop)
If they were going to divide the living areas they should have had 2 washrooms. I don't like that to go to bed I have to go downstairs....just weird! I feel like I am going to the basement!
Ok, so thats about it...my pizza is here and I have to get my coat on so I can go into the hotel to get some ice for my Pepsi. My advice, save your money and go cheap...in the end all the rooms in Banff are pretty much all the same!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank CSBD9798
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you were not happy with our establishment. I must agree, that the definition you found, does resmeble our property, but when I explained myself in a previous post, it was only to clarify for readers that unlike a tradional motel, we offer much more luxuary, and added amenities. Also, not all rooms are on the back side, some face the courtyard, so therefore not accessible to an outside parking area.

We do offer heated underground parking (at no additional charge) this provides a nice touch to those cold winter days Banff is known for.

I am also sorry to hear you did not like the layout of the hot tub area. We do provide warm change rooms with lockers, hair dryers towels and showers, so I am confused as to why you had to 'freeze on your way back to your room'?

The restuarant on site offers very large portions at very reasonable prices. We are very competitve, and can feed families on a budget. I am sorry you felt the prices too high.

The layout of our suites vary, so if you would prefer not to have your bed in the lower portion of your suite, simply choose another layout. Our floor plans are listed on our website, and we would be a happy to give you a tour prior to you choosing a room.

To say that, "all of the rooms in Banff are pretty much the same" is just simply not true. Banff is a town with a variety of hotels, levels of service, and rooms to match.

I would be happy to help you find a property to suit your needs. Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to visit Banff again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

We were at the hotel for a friends birthday. We have stayed at many hotels in Banff and this was our first time at The Fox Hotel, we stayed in one of of the suites and truly loved the hotel, amenities and the suite.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
That's great to hear! We love to help celebrate any and all special events! Whether it's a birthday, anniversary, engagement, or other special day for you, let us know! We want to ensure your stay with us is one to be remembered!