Willow Stream Spa at The Fairmont Banff Springs
Ranked #2 of 14 Spas & Wellness in Banff
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa Facility 38, 000 square foot spa includes: •3 waterfall treatments whirlpools •Indoor European mineral pool •Outdoor whirlpool •Spa attire (robe & slippers) •Spa amenities •Men's/Ladies whirlpool •Men's/Ladies sauna •Men's/Ladies steam room •Spa terraces •Men's/Ladies Spa locker areas •Men's/Ladies Lounges •Co-ed Fireplace Resting lounge Treatment Facility 23 Treatment rooms including: •16- Massage/Body Experience rooms •1-Multi Purpose Room •4-Facial Treatment rooms •1-Deluxe Suite •Full Salon including: •4-Manicure stations •4-Pedicure stations •2-Hair Styling Stations
Calgary, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“So relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our day in the spa make our weekend get away feel like a week away. We really enjoyed relaxing at the mineral pools and the service is top notch. Sign up for the Fairmont presidents club and save about 30 dollars on entry into the spa.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Allison555

Calgary
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Pricey, but what an amazing day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

After a stressful few weeks at work (and a just as hectic Xmas 'break') I decided to book a day for myself at the Willow Stream Spa at the Banff Springs Hotel. As my husband said, "If you're gonna do it, do it right and go all out!"

I've always balked at their prices, but this time I decided to go for it, and booked two treatments for myself (a 90 min massage + a 60 min deep cleansing facial), with a 3 hr break in between so that I could enjoy all of the spa's facilities.

What an *amazing* day. You are treated to a lovely robe with slippers, towels everywhere, toiletries, etc. The first place I went to was the outdoor hot tub, and it was just lovely. Snow all around, it was a beautiful sunny day, mountains in the distance, and a 'castle' behind me. I was in heaven!

Inside there is a larger mineral pool that is heated to a warmer temperature, with lounge chairs situated halfway around. The mineral pool had a softening quality in the water, and after enjoying that for a while, I hopped into the 3 tubs with cascading waterfalls. One tub is hot, the second is warm, and the third is cold. I believe you're to spend 5 mins in each? I think I got up to my neck once in the cold pool, and stayed for 10 seconds!

There is also a steam room and sauna, and the sauna has two rooms; one at a 'cooler' temperature (but still warm), with the second room being hotter. I felt the steam room could've been a little hotter, but the hotter sauna room made up for it.

There is a men's only/women's only lounge area, plus a co-ed lounge for you to relax in. Water with cucumber/melon is served, as well as a citrus water. There is also fruit, tea, coffee, and cookies/mini muffins that are served in the co-ed lounge only. The women's only lounge had a lovely fireplace with comfortable lounge chairs, blankets, and plenty of magazines to read. In the co-ed lounge you could pre-order lunch and have it delivered (which I did). Several types of bento boxes were offered at $29, with salads costing $19, I believe. I ordered the chicken bento box, and it was really nice. Cold chicken, salsa, salads, fruit, cheese, and a slice of flour less chocolate cake.

My treatments were lovely, and there are a lot of little extras that make your experience just that much more enjoyable. Hydraulic beds, heating pads underneath, you're wrapped in plush duvets, lavender eye pillows, warm booties on your feet, etc. The rooms were also quiet with the music just loud enough to drown out most noise of people walking by. I believe my massage cost around $270 for the 90 mins. Again, no massage is worth that. However, you're paying for the whole experience of the day.

My facial was relaxing as well, and I appreciated the esthetician not pushing any products on to me at the end of it. She did make recommendations and wrote them out, but never asked the question, "So what would you care to purchase today?" it was left up to me to purchase products that were available in the spa's lobby, if I chose to do so. The products were lovely, and I really enjoyed the European style massage that she provided. Again, I was cocooned in a plush duvet, was given a hand and arm treatment before my facial began. I believe my facial was around $170?

A 15% gratuity is charged automatically upon them taking your credit card when you check in, and I was honestly totally fine with that; just one less thing to deal with when you leave.

I spent the entire day jumping from pool to pool, enjoying the saunas, the lounging areas, and then had a shower before I left. The staff is very friendly and professional, and I would highly recommend the spa as a couple's retreat, or just to get away and leave the real world behind. I left totally relaxed and had a WONDERFUL time. I will definitely go back!

6 Thank SandraIK
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My Favorite Spa Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

With all-day access to the mineral water pools, the eucalyptus saunas, the cozy lounge and the relaxing Willow Stream treatment I experienced, I must say this is the best spa experience I’ve encountered to-date!

3 Thank muellerjenny
Toronto, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Awesome relaxing place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

One of the attraction in Banff area.
Facilities are great. There are whirlpools at different temperature.
Steam, dry sauna, outdoor hot tub, quiet room with refreshment etc. A place to relax after hiking.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank JackieTse
Alberta
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Amazing Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Plan to arrive early and stay for the day! The spa services were great. I had a herbal bath followed by a wrap and my provider was wonderful, gentle and pampered me. The scalp massage while waiting for the wrap to penetrate was heavenly. Lunch prices look high however dressing and going to the lounge to eat was no cheaper so would advise to just order to the spa.

Visited October 2012