“Go here if you have never ridden a horse before!”
Review of Banff Trail Riders

$30.82*
Horse-Drawn Sleigh Ride in Banff
Ranked #9 of 39 Outdoor Activities in Banff
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover a side of Banff you can only see on horseback. Banff Trail Riders (previously Holiday on Horseback take you to places most travellers never experience. We offer hourly rides, backcountry lodge and tent pack trips, sleigh rides and more. Get an authentic old west adventure, even if you have never been on a horse before. We'll match you with a horse, guide and trip that just right for your level of riding experience.
Auckland, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Go here if you have never ridden a horse before!”
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Warner Stables treat their customers, employees and horses with respect and love! I am a city girl through and through and got a wrangler who was raised in the city but now work around horses. He understood when I said that I was a tad nervous about getting on the horse. So he got me Wheylan, one of the veteran horses there who was absolutely gentle and cheeky. I took the 2 hour Sundance Loop and in that time, I was able to listen to him talk about how the horses are treated, the surrounding area, the Chinook wind and how it was affecting Banff and the difference between mules and horses. The scenery out there was beautiful and it was amazing to be within nature. My wrangler (whose name I cannot remember now!) is absolutely passionate about his job and his horses and he loves nothing more than to be able to share this with anyone who was keen to give it a go.

2 Thank deezerness

• Korean first
Corrales, New Mexico
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Spectacular!”
Reviewed September 14, 2009

I'm moved to write my first review ever because of the incredible adventure my wife and I enjoyed on the 6 day lodge trip. For the first time ever, I just did not want to come back home. The wranglers, cooks, horses, accomodations, and of course the scenery were the most spectacular. Riding was challenging and by day 5 all 12 of us were better horse people. One of the best parts of the trip was the growing comraderie of our group. If you want an adventure of a lifetime, this is it!

4 Thank carylanddon
New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Adventure of a lifetime”
Reviewed September 11, 2009

We just completed the 6-day Sundance/Halfway Lodge trip and it was absolutely spectacular! From the frisky horses, to the gentle, knowledgable wranglers, to the hospitable cooks, and of course the unparalleled beauty of the Canadian Rockies. The entire trip was professionally orchestrated to allow its guests to experience just enough adventure to keep it challenging and interesting, with a HUGE dose of comfort at the end of the day (spell that lots of incredible food and cold beer.) We do have several tips:
1. Follow the recommended packing list. You'll find you need only those 2 pair of jeans afterall.
2. Forget the makeup, IPod, books - all those things that keep us in our heads and ego. You'll quickly turn to one another for entertainment looking equally grubby after 2 days!
3. Make sure your camera works, and bring lots of extra batteries. You'll be snapping pics continually of the landscape, and of each other.
4. Know that the water from the river, and the outhouses really are clean. No worries!
5. Get ready to ride - REALLY ride! This is no Disneyland horsey trip. The horses are delightful and full of personality. You'll figure out one another quickly. Show your assertion and you'll be fine. Boots help.
6. Pack a journal - you're likely to have some kind of revelation you'll want to capture and bring back home.
7. Make a reservation for next year! Most of their business is repeats, and now I know why! ENJOY!!!!!

7 Thank NewMexicoCowGirl
Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful vacation”
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I went on a 5 day tent tour this month. The food was great, the guide knowledgeable and friendly, camp staff attentive, the accommodations primitive but more then adequate for a wilderness trip. It was a real get way and a chance to enjoy mother nature at her best.

4 Thank tartanfarm1
Osceola, NC
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed August 4, 2009

My wife and I really enjoyed our day-ride here. The steaks at lunch were delicious, and the guides very helpful and friendly. Although a bit sore at the end of the day, we were very glad for the experience!

2 Thank Getoutoftheboat