“A highlight of our stay in Banff.”
Review of Banff Trail Riders

$31.31*
Horse-Drawn Sleigh Ride in Banff
Ranked #10 of 43 Outdoor Activities in Banff
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover a side of Banff you can only see on horseback. Banff Trail Riders (previously Holiday on Horseback take you to places most travellers never experience. We offer hourly rides, backcountry lodge and tent pack trips, sleigh rides and more. Get an authentic old west adventure, even if you have never been on a horse before. We'll match you with a horse, guide and trip that just right for your level of riding experience.
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We only had three days in Banff and wanted to make the most of it. My sister-in-law and myself agreed we would like to ride in the Rockies when we planned our holiday to Canada. We have both ridden on and off for years but in the last few years neither of us have ridden as much as we would have liked to so we just needed a safe and quiet ride in some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. We found "Holiday on horseback offered us just that.
On arrival in Banff we enquired about riding at a tour organiser's office and they took care of the booking for us. All we had to do was catch the local bus and turn up.
The people in charge of the riding were friendly and thorough with the safety instructions before we went out. We were escorted out by Mariya and Kate G who were also very friendly and experienced with both the horses and the area.We went riding for 1 hour through lovely forests and at one point we took the horses through the Bow River which was exciting. We even rode by several elk which were lazing in the forest.
The horses were very well behaved and I would say some of the safest we have ridden on without being slow and "follow your leader" types. I should also say that the horses all looked very well cared for with a good standard of tack which is something we would notice having been around horses a lot over the years.Thank-you Leroy for a lovely ride - I could have brought you home with me.
I would recommend "Holiday on horses" to anyone who, like us, just want a steady ride in this area. It was a highlight of our stay in Banff without a doubt.

3  Thank Sue Rat.
There are newer reviews for Banff Trail Riders

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We selected a 1 hour ride leaving from the Fairmont. After a slight mix up with our reservation, they happily allowed us to ride at the hour we were promised. Very happy!! The staff seem to love the horses, they are well fed and very well taken care of, which was really important to me. They were also very knowledgeable having years of experience with horses. Liz was one of our tour guides and she wS excellent! We chatted the whole way and made us feel like we were old friends catching up over a horse ride. Crossing Bow river was the highlight as well as the other beautiful views. We will return and bring our kids along for the next ride. Thanks again Liz!!!

Wendy and Luis

1  Thank Teamlopez
Reviewed June 8, 2014

1st time on horseback in 20years and what a place to do it! Views on the trail were magical. The two guides, Kate & Sara, were friendly and knowledgable about both the horses and the local area. We got the information we needed without being overloaded.
My horse was placid enough for my to feel comfortable on his back while obeying any instructions I gave it.
All in all, great value for money!

1  Thank Allan G
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Went on a late afternoon 2 hour Sundance loop ride. The scenery was beautiful, and the trails so quiet...nice and relaxing way to really feel part of nature . The guides Dakota and Kate D. We're so wonderful. They were talkative, and pointed out highlights along the way. There was never any sense of urgency or fear as these horses were so well behaved. They were also vey well groomed nd looked well taken care of which was nice to see. Ariat was a good boy...ask for him for a pleasant smooth ride on horseback!

1  Thank jenilee2
Reviewed June 6, 2014

While on a work conference in Banff, my buddy and I went on a one hour horse ride with Garry and Caroline. It was pretty awesome. The horses were very well behaved (pretty much "bombproof"), the trails are rugged (which to us was a good thing) with amazing scenery and our guides were fantastic!! Will definitely try again when in town again!!!