New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Rocky Mountain B&B

Rocky Mountain B&B
Ranked #6 of 33 Banff B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“Wonderful place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We recently spent 3 nights with friends at this charming Bed and Breakfast. The staff is exceptional and the breakfasts everyday were delicious. I loved the common room and the welcoming feeling in the antique filled room. Our friends stayed in the main building upstairs. I would highly recommend these rooms as opposed to my room downstairs in basement. It was too dark for me with low ceilings. I will definately return for another stay with a room upstairs. Staff was the best.....

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank girlfromtherock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
Cotati, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

What a find! So comfortable, great downtown location, super-friendly hosts. Best breakfasts ever. And the dinners on offer are the best deal in town! So glad we stayed here.

While you're in Banff, go to the Banff Hot Springs. Then come back to the B&B nice and relaxed...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ben F
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

This cozy B&B in the heart of Banff is perfect to stay. I spend three nights with my girlfriend and we were overwhelmed by the warm and relaxed atmosphere. Rob, Robin and Christine have turned this historical house into a welcome B&B and even in the cold winter days we felt very at home. The rooms are nice, beds are fine and the two shared bathrooms are more then enough for the rooms on the first floor.
Every day a healthy and different breakfast is served, even a dinner can be joined.
The three are the sweetest persons and made us feel very welcome. The price in winter is similar/bit cheaper than the available hotels in the area, but none can compete with this B&B!
Next time we will book for sure!
Grtzz Martin Tolsma&Hedy vd Loo

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times and I am going to make it a regular stay each year. I have also treated my daughter and husband to an anniversary weekend there. The building is old and quaint and speaks of an older era in Banff which I like but a visitor needs to be ready for smaller rooms and that 'cozy' feeling. (Otherwise stay in a chain hotel.) The hosts are the best! Friendly, helpful and the food is delicious! Get a massage while you are there if you can. Robyn is amazing. She will melt your tension away.

Room Tip: Take a look on the website and think about how much space you need.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dorothy D
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night at the Rocky Mountain B&B. Robyn and Rob are very friendly, helpful hosts. The location of the B&B is very convenient on a quiet residential street close to downtown Banff and we could walk to a restaurant for dinner. The breakfast was hot and tasty and served in a dining area that encouraged interaction with the other guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank daugsberg
Bedford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a modest B&B located on a quiet Banff street that's easily accessible to downtown. Having read in Trip Advisor that I should avoid the rooms in the basement, I took one upstairs and it was perfectly nice. The breakfast was good, if a little unusual (I believe it was burrito of some kind) and the hosts were very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Roger S
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed here at the end of May/beginning of June 2012 (I had to pick December 2012 in order to submit this review), it was perfect. Very close to the main street of Banff, but still quiet. The hot breakfast was a great start to the day, and Robyn was fantastic about offering ideas of what to do for the day. She suggested Tunnel Mountain hike to me on the day I was checking out...what a great hike. Amazing view, decent workout and pretty quick for someone who is reasonably fit. I stayed in suite 7, which was fine for a solo or two friends traveling. I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone traveling on a budget. Rob & Robyn are fantastic hosts and I'm looking forward to my next trip to Banff!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo