We arrived for a 4 night stay on May 2 having just heard challenging news from the East. Robyn, our hostess, quickly responded as we reflected on the beautiful deck overlooking a fabulous mountain view. Tea for Audrey...and a very kind heart. Thanks Robyn so very much. Robyn, a professional masseuse and her partner Rob, former sous-chef at a high end Banff restaurant took over this Banff bed and breakfast just over a year ago, and their personalities and skills blend together to provide the best of traveller experiences. There are a variety of rooms/suites in this 'inn'....some shared washrooms, some ensuite. The place is kept spotless, the bed in Room 1 most comfortable, and the location on Otter Street, just 2 blocks from downtown Banff, perfect. The breakfasts vary each morning, prepared by Rob with Robyn's assistance, and are a perfect start to the day. There is a small fridge for wine-keeping. Robyn quickly related positively to visitors from around the world who were there on our occasion. Robyn provides masseuse support for skiers or hikers needing an extra stretch. While we didn't take advantage of this we did take advantage of the dining opportunity that Rob provides at dinner. The weather was warm enough for us to eat on the deck, and the dinner (3 courses) as nice a dinner as you can have.
Delicious Rob-made soup and salad, a wonderful main course, and Rob's home made ice cream to close it off. One morning waiting in a breakfast alcove overlooking the street I watched two white tailed deer stroll by the bed and breakfast......not unusual according to Robyn, In closing we would only stay at the Rocky Mountain B and B when returning to Banff. It exceeded everything we wanted and needed!!! And I haven't even mentioned the very reasonable cost for an overnight stay!!! You'll want to stay longer for certain!!! Free parking on site.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an intimate high-country inn situated three blocks east of Banff Avenue on Otter Street in a quiet residential neighbourhood. The building dates from 1907 and has 10 guest rooms and a gorgeous main lounge and dining room. We use excellent ingredients, serve locally roasted organic coffee and vary our menu daily. This historic mountain home is warm and spacious. It was used extensively in the '30s by CPR work crews as a boarding house. For the following forty years it was known as Douglas House and served as tourist accommodation. The Inn was fully restored in the late '80s and has had recent renovations to maintain its original character and substantial mountain charm. We have four suites, which suit small families, as well as simple and elegant double rooms. Our dining room and lounge are open to guest use during the day and there is a television in the lounge. We have private off-street parking to accommodate guests with vehicles. However, once you are in Banff many activities and walks are accessible by foot from the B&B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Rocky Mountain B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky Mountain Hotel Banff
- Rocky Mountain Bed And Breakfast