“Great B&B”

At Wit's End Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 28 Banff B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed two nights with April, wonderful hostess, common area well stocked with treats. The room was clean and was a ten minute walk from the from downtown Banff. The breakfasts were great and very filling. Would definitely stay here again if we go back to Banff

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aljovaller

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed two nights in a spacious room with bath on the ground floor. Off-street parking and easily accessible to town (10 minute walk). Common area provides additional space along with tea/coffee facilities, a fridge, table for writing, and easy chairs. April was a wonderful hostess, provided helpful information, and was a wonderful cook. At night she set out homemade brownies or cookies, and breakfast was a masterpiece that varied each morning. Clearly this is a woman who enjoys cooking. Hospitable and clean, with all the necessary appliances and creature comforts, the only thing you need is bar soap if you prefer it to shower gel or soft soap. But what sets this B&B apart is the quality and preparation of the breakfast. Hint: Ask about a discount for paying cash.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Oxford1809
April W, Owner at At Wit's End Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thanks so much for the lovely review! Just a small clarification for future guests...although I try to accommodate every request, unfortunately, I will not be able to provide a discount in lieu of my credit card processing fees. As most all of my guests prefer to pay by credit card, I encourage you to do what is most comfortable for you.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

My friend and I stayed At Wits End for a couple of nights at the beginning of June and there is but one word to describe this B&B and its host April: WONDERFUL.
All the rooms are very nice and immaculately clean. There is a living room and the kitchen is well-equipped and very inviting with its large window. The breakfast April serves is excellent. There are all kinds of food on the breakfast menu :-) such as cereals, fresh fruits, yoghurt, scrambled eggs, grill cheese, potatoes … April makes sure to know whether there is something you would like …
On top she spoils you with snacks throughout the day ... muffins, granola bars, nuts and berries ... and there always is a basket with fruits on the table.
April is very helpful and makes you feel welcome.
It was my friend’s first visit to this B&B and he loved it. For me it was the second visit and I can’t wait to return.
Thanks April for making our stay special!
Rebekka

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rebecca D
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This was my first b&b anywhere, and if I could know that they would all be like this, I'd never do anything else. April was a great host, cook and guide. We were comfortable, had privacy and flexibility. We walked to and from downtown and the river with ease, multiple times. We will definitely be back. Thank you for a great weekend, April!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ki-tonjones
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Having stayed at a number of B&Bs around the globe, at Wit's End B&B truly lived up to my expectations of an authentic B&B.

The room was very cozy, comfortable and clean. The King Bed was actually a combination of two separate beds. Initial worry that it might not be as comfortable was unfounded. The soft and plush bed put me to sleep. April was really sweet to check with my partner if I were feeling better. April gave advice to my partner to male some concoction to calm my throat and soothe my cough. She gave me some cough drops to reduce discomfort from the persistent cough. Touched by her sweet gestures of concern.

Thankfully, I felt so much better the next day, well enough to enjoy the hearty breakfast prepared by April.

B&B is located next to the world-renowned Cascade gardens and not too far from the Banff Gondola.

Highly recommended if you're looking for an awesome B&B experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank meixuan w
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed for two nights over the family day long weekend for a ski getaway. This was not an over the top fancy B&B but was more of our laid back style. The place was very clean, our bed was comfortable and the big bathtub was very welcoming after a day of skiing.

April was lovely and even surprised us with a delicious snack when we returned from the hill. There was an abundance of snacks, tea, coffee and drinks in the common area at all times. Having the fridge and microwave was a plus as we like to make our own meals and pack a lunch to take to the hill.

We will definitely stay here next time we are in Banff but will bring another couple with us so that we are occupying both rooms and can more comfortably take advantage of the common area.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed January 5, 2014

April greeted us upon our arrival. We had our choice of rooms and we're very happy with the facilities and superb cleanliness. Baked treats awaited us each afternoon, the breakfast was customized , abundant and delicious. It filled us up for a busy day of activities. The private entrance allowed us to come and go easily and the kitchen facilities: fridge, beverages & snacks, microwave, toaster oven, etc were an added bonus! It was a lovely ten minute walk to the busy part of town with lots of choices for restaurants and shopping, if that's your thing, but we were all about the many outdoor activities... Skating, cross country skiing, hiking and the hot springs.
I highly recommend this bed and breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple