“Great Location, Hosts, and Breakfasts!”

At Wit's End Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 28 Banff B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My fiance and I had a fantastic time staying here earlier this month. The location is excellent - right by the river, 3min walk across the bridge to "downtown", 10min walk to the Banff Spring Hotel. We felt waited on and well taken care of.

Outstanding hosts. There were so many nice touches to the complimentary breakfasts and small thoughtful snacks, I don't know where to begin. I was expecting a hot breakfast, I wasn't expecting plating with visual touches. Bathroom was nice, very clean as was our bed and really everything in the house.

April is generous with her portions, which was extremely useful with the multi-hour hiking and sightseeing. We were thankful we didn't have to worry about getting hungry on top of a mountain.

If I got up past the time I told April I would be up for breakfast, I found a warm breakfast in the toaster over waiting for me. This is one of many thoughtful touches.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in the King Room, which was two twins pushed together. I was concerned it would not be co...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris W

Reviewed June 11, 2013

At wits end was a fabulous spot to stay in Banff. April was a great hostess - nothing was too much trouble. The location was super as it was within walking distance of town. The facilities were second to none. The breakfasts were superb - kept us full until dinner time! The snacks in the evening were greatly appreciated. I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grapegirl
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at wits end on 28th/29th December. The room was great, bed comfy, bathroom clean, I fact the whole place was clean. The breakfast was fantastic, April is a great cook and host, really friendly and full of information. You can leave your car and walk into Banff, a ten minute walk if that. Overall a great place to stay and the price is good too!,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank karenandandy1
Reviewed November 19, 2012

And these are the reasons why:
1. The welcome - both April and Peter welcomed us to their home and spent time talking to us. Felt totally comfortable
2. The thoughtfulness - a bottle water and chocolates for each of us in our room (LOVED IT - i always get thirsty at night!)
3. The care - we came back to a little afternoon snack each day, left on the table in case we were peckish. Not only that, we were invited to help ourselves to the juice, water, bread, cereal and home made granol bars too.
4. The BREAKFASTS!! - Outstanding. Fresh fruit, granola, yogurt, and an egg dish. Different both days, but both days just unbelievably good.
5. The flexibility - breakfast when we wanted it, not at set times like a lot of B&Bs. Plus how we wanted it. My veggie needs were catered for.
6. The information - leaflets, maps, their own knowledge - Pete and April have a heap of info between them. Plus internet access and access to a phone for local calls
7. The location - only a 5 min walk from downtown.
8. The dogs - not strictly part of teh experience but we got to meet them. Very cute
9. The cleanliness - everything spic and span, but no intrusion into the bedroom unless you ask April to tidy.
10. The lovely communal area - fire, books, comfy sofa. What more can you need.

There - 10 reasons why this place is better than a 5!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rustylou63
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I have stayed in several B&B's and this was one of our favourites! We stayed in the Queen Room, which has a super comfy bed, we had a great night's sleep! It was super clean, and the breakfast the next morning was AMAZING!!! April was a lovely hostess. If we have a chance to stay in Banff again, we will definitely stay here. We highly recommend At Wit's End!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank violetveil
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed here in March with a friend and loved it. April and family are around enough to be friendly and welcoming without imposing on your rest time. The rooms are nice and modern and the shared guest kitchen is spacious. If you're boarding, it's a short walk into town for the ski bus but April very kindly dropped us off every morning. She also made us incredible breakfasts of egg burritos, granola, fruit and yoghurt and rustled us some sandwiches for our day on the slopes. We were truly spoilt! There's a fridge to keep some bits in and they've got wifi too.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank paulriggers
Reviewed September 22, 2012

If you are planning a trip to Banff, you do not mind paying slightly more for a really 5 star service (without blowing your pocket living in the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel), go email April right now. :D

I was traveling beginning of September 2012 with a friend and we didn't book way in advance (we contacted April about 2 weeks before we arrive). As a result, we did not manage to get accommodation here for the 4 nights that we eventually planned to stay in Banff and only managed to get a room for 2 nights (honestly wished we did, but well was pretty much our own fault for not booking ahead).

Anyway, location wise, it is a 5 minute walk from downtown, a walking distance (hmmm, maybe half an hour walk depending on your pace) to the Surprise Corner. That said, we did get somewhat lost while trying to find our way without a GPS nor a map. Hahahahaha! Yup, so I think if you have either of those, you'd be fine.

When we got there (2 hours later than our agreed time), we were let in by Peter and loved our spacious room with its equally spacious ensuite bathroom. There were little touches like the chocolate on the mineral water provided that just made me smile and happy. April soon joined us and was really helpful in helping us get to where we had to be and really patient in answering our questions. Also fixed us a little snack before we headed out for the evening.

Breakfast the next day was amazing. (Refer to pictures)

Also, as mentioned above, because we did not manage to get a room for our next 2 nights in Banff in this B and B, we had booked another. When it came time for us to go from one B and B to another, firstly April was so flexible with our checkout allowing us to leave our bags in a different room for the day till the evening; secondly she offered to give us a lift to our other B and B. Pretty sure we would not have gotten anything close even if we stayed at the Fairmont.

In summary, I will most definitely stay again if I visit Banff. This time I would email April immediately. (:

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends