“Delicious food”
Review of The Primrose

The Primrose
Reserve with OpenTable
The Primrose is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Primrose Dining Room is a casual yet elegant Italian Dining Room; the magnificent Rocky Mountains are easily viewed from every table. Our service team is very friendly and knowledgeable and will attend to your every need. The Primrose offers a wide range of flavorful Italian dishes. Our children's menu will suit the younger family members. Our menu has a wide array of fresh Italian fare. Enjoy a delicious a la carte breakfast or our extensive buffet to start your day off.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We had the breakfast buffet and diner in the Primrose, and both were very good. The breakfast buffet had good variety and was well stocked. The dinner was elegant and delicious. Service was a little slow, but the staff was friendly and accommodating. Dessert was to die for. And they have an excellent wine selection. We enjoyed ourselves very much.

Rimrock_Mgr, Manager at The Primrose, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience, glad to see your enjoyed the variety on our breakfast buffet, including our chef attended omelet station. We apologize if the service was delayed due to high business levels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is my first time posting on Trip Advisor; due to the great time we had I wanted to share this information with others. The location is unparalleled - wonderful unobstructed view of the majestic mountains, The food was great and the service was well paced. Special mention should be made of our waiter Jeremy who was terrific: attentive, helpful and always professional.
Easily one of my favourite meals in Banff. We will definitely be returning!
BTW I assessed Primrose as a 4 only because I don't give 5s - it's my nature.

We really appreciate the great review, we are really happy to see our server Jeremy made for a special night with his knowledge and service. Indeed the views make our restaurant a very special setting for an incredible experience. Thank you for sharing and we look forward to see you again.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We dined here on our first evening and both my wife and I had wonderful meals served by Peter who found us an unoaked Chardonnay all the way from Australia which was to die for. It was not on the wine list! We sat at a table in front of the windows facing Mount Rundle which was awesome. As my wife has an allergy to shellfish I always have it when we dine out. This time I had scallops on a lovely risotto followed by jumbo prawns which were superb. My wife had the halibut and loved it.
On our last morning we also had breakfast again at a table with the view. Elliott looked after us very well, my wife went for the buffet which was excellent and I could not resist the Eggs Benedict West Coast with crab and avocado which was fantastic. We were extremely impressed with the food, service and ambience of this restaurant and if we are lucky enough to make a return trip this restaurant and the Hotel in which it is located will be top of the list.

Thank you for the fabulous review, indeed our views are breathtaking and we are please to see our food and service was exceptional. The Crab egg benedict is one of our top seller and a client's favorite. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Everything you could have asked for and a really good price too. Service was excellent and everything from the fruit to the eggs benedict to the salmon was delicious.

Thank you for the great review, we are happy to see our service and food meet your expectation. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We ate here since we were Rimrock Resort Hotel guests and arrived late. It was a good choice, though. The service was excellent, the place settings impressive, and the food tasty. You will not regret eating here.