“An old building with a mountain of new and old charm.”
Review of Paddock Pub - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Paddock Pub
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We came in for the Bon Appetite Food Festival and were drawn in by the delicious menu. We were glad we gave it a shot! I wasn't sure what to expect since it is a new restaurant (in an old venue) but it was just lovely.

First of all, service was wonderful. It did take the bartender, who happened to be our server, as well, a minute to see us, but after that we were very well looked after. He was extremely friendly and answered all questions. If he had to run and check on another table he always let us know he would be right with us. My water was never empty, which is impressive, since I drink water like it's going out of style. ALSO, the chef came out a couple times to see how we liked it and delivered our desserts. Service was amazing. OH! And, my boyfriend got a drink from tap but the server was worried it had been almost out of CO2 at the time, so he fixed that, and then told us he was giving us the drink for free, and he could get us new one, if it didn't satisfy. Win win. (It was fine, by the way!)

Second, the food was so tasty, as well! My boyfriend had his favorite appetizer and dessert here, and I think the main course was a tie, for me! We both had fish cakes, pork belly, and pumpkin apple crumble. Just, mmmm. Everything was perfect, and wonderfully executed.

Last, it's an old place. That was part of the charm, for me. The upholstery on some of the booths (we were on some fancy couches in front of the fire place, no complains here!) is quite worn. The carpet is worn. The bathroom is a gaudy and cold. But SO WHAT?! I got amazing food, amazing service. TVs are large and easily seen, so it would be great for a sports event. There's a dance floor. My boyfriend repeatedly said he'd be a regular if we were from Banff.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The service was excellent. Had the 8 oz. Striploin which was cooked to perfection. Atmosphere was very warm and relaxing. Overall a fantastic experience at a top-notch establishment!