“Breathtaking views!”
Review of Parker Ridge Trail

Parker Ridge Trail
Ranked #2 of 85 things to do in Banff
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a wonderful place to hike. it was a bit tough for our 60+ years but worth every drop of sweat. I have never seen such beautiful country as we did in Banff/Jasper area.

3  Thank GrandmaB212

Reviewed August 22, 2013

If you are going to do only 1 hike along the Icefields Parkway make this one it! It is a little over a mile in distance, but climbs steadily uphill. At the top, you are rewarded with stunning views of a glacier while standing among beautiful alpine meadows (not to mention the mountains!). This is definitely one of the most beautiful spots I have ever stood on the planet! I did this hike alone, but always had a few others on the path ahead of me and behind me. An absolute must do!!!!! Do not miss it!

5  Thank Jackiesd
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Parker Ridge offered us the best view of our entire Banff trip. The view on the top is unparalleled. We stayed on the top for quite some time enjoying the view of glacier, mountain, and lakes down below. Climbing to the top was not too strenuous. The plants on the top may have lived over 100 years so be sure to protect them.

1  Thank Steve W
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This trail was recommended by the friendly staff at the information centre in Jasper.
We stopped on our way back to Banff. Nothing separated this hiking location from the many others we say along the road. The hike up took about an hour and half. Near the end, you will be faced with a fork in the path. Take the path to the left. It appears to descend while the one on the right appears to ascend. Another hiker warned us of this point so we followed her advice and went to the left. Great decision.
When you reach the lookout, the vista is magnificent. I wanted to sing "The Hills Are Alive" but I got the look from my daughter. The walk down took about 45 minutes.
Make sure you take a camera.
We met a couple from Ohio. They had been planning this hike for 5 years. They had a friend who told them, 'if you are only going to take one hike, make it Parker's Ridge'. Absolutely!!

7  Thank Dwayne D
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Amazing glacier is what you can see at the top of the trail. Bring a jacket since wind from the glacier can be quite cold. The trail is kind of steep on the way up.

1  Thank sommar-sol_2009