All reviews common room daily activities bed dorm music bingo free breakfast own bathroom great facilities banff avenue enjoyed my stay lake louise beaver canada plugs hike skiing winter mountains
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everybody was so nice and helpful. I felt really welcomed for the first moment on. Had a really nice week there. The staff was always so helpful and friendly. I can really recommend staying there. Also, it was clean. The breakfast was the best!

Date of stay: September 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
katySamesun, General Manager at Samesun Backpackers Hostels, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your review the Samesun team are stoked you had a blast with us! We're all travellers here and we hope to see you again. Come back in the winter and see how beautiful Banff is! Enjoy your travels.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a good experience here except for the bed that was very uncomfortable and every bed made noises every time people turned their bodies. I had to be very careful when I turned or moved my body when I was on my bed so that I would not interrupt their nice sleep. The bathroom is pretty clean. My favourite room here is the kitchen. It’s large and there is everything you can ask for. The price can be very expensive in high season but it’s understandable.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi! Thanks so much for your feedback we love to hear your thoughts! We're glad you enjoyed the kitchen it's very homely after a long day hiking! Banff prices can get pretty steep in peak season but we always do our best to offer competitive prices and great value. We hope you had a great time in Banff enjoy the rest of your travels.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff both at reception and in the bar we’re lovely and helpful. The bar was always a good atmosphere and served good food and drinks. Unfortunately both the dorm rooms I stayed in were not very clean, on appearance it looked tidy however I found toenail clippings, used earbuds and other unpleasant things in and around my bunk, which made my stay uncomfortable. The breakfast was ok and was free but not many options.

Date of stay: September 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hey thanks so much for your feedback! We're so glad you enjoyed the staff and the Beaver we love it too! The rooms are cleaned once daily and while we can't control what other guests get up to in the meantime if you find your room like this please please come and see front desk and we'll rectify immediately! We hope you had a blast in Banff come see us again!

Reviewed August 27, 2019

Amazing hostel, amazing staff and the bar downstairs is so much fun! Music trivia is lit. The hostel is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. The rooms were really nice and tidy, and so were the bathrooms. Thanks for having me

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
katySamesun, General Manager at Samesun Backpackers Hostels, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2019

Hi There! Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the Beaver Bar experience. Our Music Bingo night is very popular as well as our other themed nights like Trivia and Taco Night. Safe travels!

Reviewed August 13, 2019

The room was clean, with evething necessary in it to charge our cell phones etc. We loved the backpackers experience. Everybody is so friendly and so open to talk with us. I really love the spirit in those establishments. Thank you so much for your kindness and everything.

Room tip: This was the first time my husband and i went to a backpackers lodge and we loved it!!
Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi There. Thank you for the great review! We pride ourselves on being a social hostel that creates positive experiences and love that you agree. We hope you and your husband enjoy the rest of your travels!