“They were open” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ricky's All Day Grill Banff
Ranked #94 of 142 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kensington, Maryland
“They were open”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

So, most of the restaurants along Banff avenue are hotel restaurants and only open for a very limited number of hours. Ricky's was open at 2 when I got off the mountain. They get bonus points for being open. I ordered chicken tetrazinni which was very high on the tetrazinni and low on the chicken. It tasted fine, but I felt like I got the back end of someone's chicken sandwich that was a little too big for the bun. The atmosphere was good, the waitress/bar tender was great. It is definitely a place to sit around and watch the Primiere League given that it is in the International Hotel. I imagine that the evening bar scene is a lot of fun there. Overall, great atmosphere, mediocre chicken tetrazinni.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank TammyS3

Reading, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was by far the worst meal we had through our entire trip. Simply awful.
My party and I are so familiar with the Ricky's menu that we ordered as soon as we sat down! After 20 minutes of placing our order we were offered coffee! Another 20 minutes and the food arrived...and 2 out of the 4 plates were wrong!
I ordered soft poached blackstone bennies with stuffed hash browns. I got hard poached with sour cream covered hash browns! I handed my plate back to the waitress, told her that the stuffed hash browns should come with green onions and bacon and asked her to fix it for me. She said 'I won't fix it but I'll see if the chef will'. I was utterly gobsmacked!
My sister had ordered the 2 by 5 with a side of toast. Thank heavens she had ordered the toast or the poor girl would have starved! After sending her plate back it took a further 20 minutes to get it back!
Our drinks were only refilled when we waved down a waitress. The food did not taste like the food in any other Ricky's. We were all left feeling quite ill. We refused to pay the bill in it's entirety due to the horrendous service and food quality.

2 Thank CanadaGoose001
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Great food and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We enjoyed our visit to the Banff area, we never stayed at the Banff International but was recommended by others to eat at Ricky's. Breakfast was excellent. The waitress was very friendly & suggested things to do in the area. She went out of her way to get pamphlets for us from the hotel shop. Very positive all around.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mary O
Sherwood Park AB
“Poor breakfast restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I really hesitate to write a negative review unless there are no redeeming qualities at a restaurant or resort or hotel but, I suppose I 'd like to know those places that are substandard. I had eaten once before at this chain in Edmonton, Alberta just a few weeks earlier on a busy morning downtown. The restaurant was full, service was quick and the food and coffee were hot and pretty good. I'm not overly fussy or demanding and will eat most things without complaint as long as it doesn't look poisonous. However, when travelling with my wife, I like to treat her a little better because she works very hard and deserves a little pampering.
Sadly, this restaurant fell far below acceptable. The coffee was very cold right off the bat. A bad sign of more disappointments to come. The food was also cold. The hash browns were not even remotely brown but, we're still browner than the cold pale "toast". My wife's food was similarly cold. She offered me her bacon which I declined. What guy ever turns down free bacon? She did say that her poached egg was cooked perfectly though. The only positive note was the staff. Our server was a very friendly, cheerful young lady as we're the other staffers we met
Prior to booking our room in Banff, we considered the hotel that hosts this restaurant but chose to return to the hotel (The Caribou) that we had stayed in three weeks earlier. My wife remarked that she would not stay in this hotel just because of this restaurant. The Caribou has The Keg restaurant on the main floor and the restaurant is always excellent. On this morning we thought we'd go for a walk and try something different. On the walk back to our hotel, it rained on us heavily. No doubt to teach us a lesson. Sigh

Tom

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shibibi
England, United Kingdom
“Good food and extremely helpfull waitress”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We ate here one lunch time and came back for dinner. The food wasa excellent, but what made it special was the waitress was very helpfull. She spent a few minutes talking us through the menu, and then told us a bit about Banff. She gave us excellent advice.

When I told her we were having problems with the wifi at out hotel, she came back with a wifi code I could use which was super fast.

Food and beer very good, and good value.

• Visited August 2012