“Nice bar terrible food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Wild Bill's Legendary Saloon
Ranked #53 of 143 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Country comfort food, western hospitality and a stomping good time.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Nice bar terrible food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We called in for a bite to eat at about 8.30pm on a Friday evening. It would have been nice to be informed we were being seated next to the stage when a live country and western band were due to start playing in a poorly lit area as we were a large group from Canada and England who were looking for a good catch up over dinner.

Once we had ordered drinks the main lights went out and the band started playing so we decided to just order appetisers and make it a light bite. The food was poor. The service was good, but I wouldn't recommend you go if your looking for a decent meal. The band were great also but this is definitely a place I would recommend for just having a drink.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Kaatsheuvel, The Netherlands
“Nice setting, nice people, food can be bether”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Nice restaurant in Wild west style, including live music. The balcony overlooking Banff Ave is great if you can grab a seat.
Friendly people. Steaks were not as tender as expected and the starter salad, well...it was just salad. Elk burger looked great, will try that the next time.

Visited September 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Won't go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The best thing about the visit to Wild Bill's today was the "perch". There are four stools over looking Banff Avenue and it was such a beautiful sunshiny day that it was the perfect place to sit. It wasn't terribly busy and there seemed to be plenty of staff around.
I'd had high hopes, since I had been once before, several years ago and enjoyed it.
We sat down, and the initial visit by the waitress was prompt. She asked about drinks - we both asked for water first before deciding on something else. We checked out the menu and chose the fried pickles to start and the pulled pork sandwich for me and the elk burger for my husband; we both decided on fries for the side.
A few minutes later, another couple was seated out on the perch with us. They ordered a little while later.
Our drinks were delivered after 10 minutes or so...another 10 minutes and the appetizer shows up. Another 20 minutes go by and some food shows up, but it's not ours. It's the order of the people beside us...that came in after us, that ordered after us. One of the dishes was the same as what we ordered so it wasn't about the amount of time it took to prepare...
So.....when we finally got our food, my husband enjoyed the elk burger; I found the pulled pork to be over cooked - somewhat dry. The fries were about the only thing that was pretty good. The pickles, I should say, left me disappointed.
Well...the rest of the visit didn't get any better.
We were never asked if we enjoyed the meal, never had our water refilled, and when it came time to pay, we had to go to the bar because the waitress didn't come back after dropping off the bill. (She did for the couple beside us...?)
Perhaps needless to say here...we will not be returning.

Visited September 2013
Castlegar, Canada
“got there early...stayed till early”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had a great time here, staff very pleasant and had a great time, mostly due to the band they had playing and some great people who were there as well. Stayed till early hours of the following morning. They have a mechanical bull 9 - 10 PM, lots of fun.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Saskatoon, Canada
“Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I ate here after watching Burger Wars. Even though their elk burger didn't win, I thought it looked like the best one of the three. Man was I disappointed. The meat itself was alright, but the bun was a little dry as was the whole burger. It wasn't awful, just not at all worth what we paid for it. My wife wasn't blown away by the pulled pork either. Won't be back, despite the good service and wonderful window seat and view.

• Visited August 2013