“friendly”

Wild Bill's Legendary Saloon
Ranked #54 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Country comfort food, western hospitality and a stomping good time.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

we sat upstairs, this place was suprisingly huge! it would be a great place to pre drink or dance before hitting the club. i ate their bbq nachos and they were great! 3 pitchers of ricards red, huge nachos, the salmon plate and deep fried pickles for 100 even. great spot!

1  Thank Ryan M

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This place was highly recommended by people that had visited Banff, the food and atmosphere were both recommended.

Sadly the day we went there were very few people in the restaurant and the hockey game was on in the background. Not so much atmosphere. Both me and my partner were ID'd for alcohol and we are both over 25 so felt a little unwelcome.

Food was tasty (i ordered the salmon) but in low light I did question the quality of my side order thinking some of the potatoes looked bad. My partner loved his meal (brisket) and finished it off completely. We were a little confused by the addition of watermelon on the plate. Was refreshing following the BBQ themed food though.

Would I try it again, yeah. I wouldn't dismiss it based on the one visit. May want to try it on a weekend night though.

1  Thank McClusk
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The location was great and the online menu looked terrific. We arrived on a very quiet Monday eve. The server was friendly but not around much. We ordered off some pretty dirty menus (gross) asking for bison burgers. We have enjoyed an excellent bison burger in our time, what we received was not even close. They were scorched and dry, I couldn't finish mine. The beer battered and yam waffle fries were okay. The best part of the meal was the tomatoe soup. If it had been busy I might have let the burned food go, but you could hear the crickets chirping on this night, so there was no excuse.

1  Thank barb b
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Popped in for a couple of beers, one evening, the place was virtually empty. I went there a few years ago and it was packed. Consequently the atmosphere on the night i went was a bit muted.

1  Thank MarkyMark1966
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Freindly Staff and Great food - the beef ribs were unbelievable! You will not leave this place hungry!

1  Thank Laura G