1,200 results
All reviews no elevator vermillion lakes hot tub mt norquay overlooking banff the trans canada highway hardwood floors first floor transcanada highway road noise downtown banff valley view minute drive front desk staff king suite main floor spectacular views
Selected filters
Reviewed April 26, 2019

The views from the rooms facing the back of the hotel are lovely as well as the views from the Bistro.

As some other reviewers have mentioned, the beds are not comfortable. They lack support and I doubt I'd be able to sleep there for more than one night. I will try 2 nights in July,

The rooms are basic and the furniture is a bit chipped here and there. We knew this as we had visited the rooms two weeks earlier when we had lunch at the bistro. My husband was enchanted by the views and liked the fact that it was outside of town and small (compared to the Fairmont which also had excellent views). All the back rooms facing the mountains have huge windows which is fantastic.

After we checked in, we realized that we were neither given or told anything about the 10% discount that we were supposed to get at the Bistro for booking directly. My husband went back to the front desk to ask how this works and he was given a card for us to show each time we dined at the Bistro. I feel like we should have not had to ask for this, and that it should have been given to us at check-in.

That same day, I asked the front desk about the wood tick warning that was posted at reception. The information sheet said to ask staff if we had questions. I asked if there would be ticks on the paved road around Vermillion Lake and was told: "I cannot guarantee that you won't see any ticks." I did not find this particularly helpful, and it made me wonder if I needed to be careful on the patio outside my room.

We ate lunch, dinner and breakfast at the Bistro this trip. Overall, the food was amazing and very well prepared and presented. The only meal I was dissatisfied with was the salmon Benny that I had for breakfast the morning we left. The salmon was extremely salty so I removed it and ate it alone. I can't say that I enjoyed it as it was way too salty. I then went to eat the Benny without the salmon, but still found it overly salty as the biscuit that it is served on is overly salty. On top of this the potatoes were luke warm. I've had these potatoes 3 other times and they have always been crispy, piping hot and delicious. I will eat again at the Bistro, but I will steer clear of the Bennies. The staff at the Bistro were all very friendly and polite.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JuniperMgr, Manager at The Juniper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

The mountain views from The Juniper Hotel & Bistro are incredible; I definitely recommend reserving our Deluxe Rooms to ensure you wake up to Rundle Mountain views! We do want to encourage guests to book direct with the property, which is why a discount card for The Juniper Bistro is offered to all those who do book direct. My apologies that you didn't receive a card at check-in and I have passed your feedback onto our Front Office Manager, as I see we have a training opportunity here.

Due to our location, the team at the hotel is never able to guarantee the presence of any wild animal, insect or arachnid. The wood tic warning is to advise guests that they are in season as a precaution. There is never a guarantee as to where they might show up, however, it would be highly unlikely that you would pick one up walking on a paved road. We do our best to help our guests prepare for their time exploring Banff National Park.

We look forward to seeing you again in July; the hotel is in the process of some housekeeping upgrades, including new beds. Please send me an email to sales@thejuniper.com with your reservation details so I can ensure your summer booking is sorted on our end.
Thank you.

Reviewed April 23, 2019

We compared hotels for days, nothing compared to The Junipers balcony views. Upon arrival, we were not disappointed! Just outside of Banff, you are away from the busy tourism and enjoying the beauty Alberta has to offer. The restaurant has great food and wonderful service. Our balcony view was the most breathtaking thing we have ever experienced, watch the sunrise and the sunset from your windows! Regular rooms are simple but perfect for a few nights stay, the suite is spacious and comes with a jet tub! Staff was friendly, we even stayed an extra night. If you're staying in Banff, stay at the Juniper! The views alone are worth it.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
JuniperMgr, Manager at The Juniper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Thank you so much for choosing The Juniper Hotel; the mountain views from our Deluxe Rooms & Suites are incredible! Should you be travelling with a larger group, definitely check out our Three Bedroom Suite. This space is located on our top level and can sleep up to eight people. The views from the sunroom are outstanding ~
Thanks again ~

Reviewed April 18, 2019

My partner and I love this hotel. We stay here every chance we get when we come to Banff. The location is great in that it is just outside of town. It is a very short walk into town, or a quick cab ride. The staff are so friendly and quick to respond to any requests. We’ve stayed in multiple room types and have never been disappointed. Always very clean and bright, and very welcoming! We highly recommend this property.
Wild Flour cafe is a must as well! Great coffee and amazing baked goods!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Coastal61036008047

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your Juniper Hotel experience! The hotel does offer a seasonal shuttle to downtown Banff: it operates from mid-June to September and then from December to mid-April. Outside of these times, taxi's cost approximately $10 or it is a 20 minute walk :)
We look forward to hosting you again on your next Banff getaway~

Reviewed April 13, 2019

We did a Hotwire selection, and were pretty pleased with the place. We were facing the parking lot, and since it’s only 2 stories you feel pretty close to the cars and people outside. However even facing this way we had a decent view of a mountain off to the west. Nice look at some easterly mountains when you’re exiting the driveway as well. It’s not too far from town, they do offer some shuttles but that’s limited, though I doubt the walk would be too bad. The bed was not very comfortable, it was too soft to offer good support, especially after a day of hiking. For the price we paid we were pretty happy, but had we stayed longer than 2 nights it might not have been the case. The room has air conditioning and heat, so that was nice to be able to control.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing The Juniper. The hotel is in the process of replacing our mattresses and we look forward to offering new beds to our guests to ensure a relaxing stay. When looking to make a reservation, I do suggest booking directly with the hotel as all guests who book direct receive 10% off in our top-ranked TripAdvisor restaurant, The Juniper Bistro.
Hope to see you again ~

Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

I am giving the hotel a 3/5 as there were lots of pluses and misuses to our stay.
Firstly, the Bistro here is amazing and really is the shining star for this hotel!
The rooms are nicely renovated but I didnt find the bed to be very comfortable. We had a room on the second floor that faced the highway but had incredible views if the mountains. The noise from the highway was surprisingly minimal. The bathroom was clean but very squishy.
Negative: I found the front desk staff to be very unfriendly on three different occasions. Checking in: a very grumpy woman who did not even welcome us. I had to ask her to call someone to help us take our bags up the stairs to our room. First night: called for room service but it wasn't available as the bistro has closed. They do not have any snacks or sandwiches on hand for guests and the front desk ended our short call very quickly as she said she was busy. so blunt. Checking out: another grumpy lady who didnt seem to care about us at all.
The views and the Bistro are what made our stay amazing.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
JuniperMgr, Manager at The Juniper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. The Front Office Manager has spoken with his team to use your feedback as a learning tool to ensure all of our guests receive the outstanding level of customer service that we pride ourselves on providing. I apologize that you did not experience this.
I am glad you were able to enjoy your Bistro experience and hope to have you stay with us again!