“Great for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rundlestone Lodge

You added Rundlestone Lodge to your Saves list
Rundlestone Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   537 Banff Avenue | P.O. Box 489, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A6, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Banff
central Illinois
“Great for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

Just got back from an Easter weekend skiing in Banff. We booked through Travelocity and the price was outstanding. Rundlestone is an excellent value for an upper range lodge. The lodge was clean and everything appeared recently remodelled. I was impressed with how quiet the hotel was at all times. We have had some bad experiences with noise at ski hotels and Rundlestone was one of the best ever. The basement parking was a very nice feature as was the pool and fitness center. James the bartender was another highlight of the trip.

Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

I went to Banff in the early spring as part of a "girls weekend out." My party consisted of three mothers in our early 40's and one teenage daughter. We chose this hotel for the price (at $150/night for a room with two double beds, it was comparable in price to many hotels in Banff and substantially lower then the high end ones.) and previous reviews in Trip Advisor (whose overarching themes were positive).

I agree with the other positive reviews on this site. We found the Rundlestone Lodge to be a clean, decent, mid priced hotel that has nothing major wrong with it. The staff was competent and friendly, the room clean and the common areas up kept. I'm not sure what more people are looking for in a hotel in this price range. We enjoyed both the gym and the pool without issue. The gym, while small, contained modern fitness equipment and stack of fresh towels. The pool and hot tub were decent sized and located in a nice inside courtyard with a pleasant atmosphere.

As for the room, we were miraculously upgraded when we checked in. We ended up in the “family suite.” There were two totally separate bedrooms. One had a king sized bed and a jet tub while the other had two double beds and its own bathroom with shower as well. It also contained a good sized living area with a full kitchen. For any family or group of mixed travelers who would like a little more individual privacy or the ability to cook their own meals, I’d highly recommend it; although it’s considerably more expensive then your average room. Like I said, we lucked out, but it sure was nice!

We enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good hotel at a decent price.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

We stayed at Rundlestone Lodge from March 29th to April 3rd and I must say the room was excellent: big, roomy, comfortable, and included a balcony from which we could see the mountains. The indoor pool with whirlpool was just as good. Breakfast at the hotel could have been better had they had a hot buffet. There is free wireless internet access almost anywhere in the hotel (kudos for that), but signal was not so good in our room. Staff was awesomely friendly and helpful -they even provided us with a fridge so we could keep milk for our daughter handy. I would definitely stay there again anytime.This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel and we have enjoyed each visit a lot.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
gail2803
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

If you are to stay here then I would recommend to pay for a room upgrade as I only had a standard room (was the only option available at the time of booking). The decor in the room was dreary and dated with uncomfortable bed sheets.
On the plus side, the room was kept very clean and the house keeping staff were very thorough.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

My boyfriend, his young son, and I stayed at the Rundlestone Lodge for 2 nights in March 2009. Overall, we had a great stay! We did not try the hotel restaurant, and honestly had very little interaction with the hotel staff, so I cannot really comment on those aspects. In fact, we were only in the lobby area twice: during check-in & check-out (which was quick and painless both times). We did run in to the cleaning staff in the halls a couple of times, and everyone seemed friendly.

Most of our time was spent in & around Banff, though we did enjoy one evening at the pool, which was pretty standard – nothing fancy. The entire pool/health club area was incredibly clean. There is a good sized whirlpool tub as well, and the pool gets natural light from multiple windows/skylights, which is always a plus in my book.

We lucked out and received a fantastic corner room on the third floor, with a balcony overlooking the front of the building (Banff Avenue). It was very well laid out, and even though it was essentially just one large room, it had two separate and private sleeping areas, which was ideal for us since we were traveling with a toddler. It was well stocked with plenty of towels, glasses, and coffee supplies.

I think this hotel is one of the best deals in Banff - underground parking is included in the rate, and we never had any difficulty finding a spot. Our room was very clean, and unexpectedly large, with a nice view too. The only negatives I can think of: I found the beds a bit uncomfortable – too hard for my tastes… and I wish the rooms came equipped with a mini fridge for snacks/drinks.

There are certainly more extravagant hotels in the area (I have stayed in 3 other Banff properties in the past) but I think you would be hard pressed to find a better hotel for the price of the Rundlestone. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

When looking for a location to get married, we found the Rundlestone to be the best through our online research. After many attempts to get in touch with their wedding planner and never hearing anything back, we met with someone at the Juniper instead, and after a very disappointing trip, we decided while we were in town to walk to the Rundlestone and check it out just in case. Upon arrival, both my husband and I had tears in our eyes. It just seemed to be everything we could hope for. We met with the staff who were very accomodating for not having made an appointment ahead of time, and we received a tour and info. We ended up booking our wedding, and from then on, everything else went fairly smoothly.

Our stay was incredible. The rooms were gorgeous, and all of our guests who had flown in from other provinces seemed satisfied and impressed as well. There were a few glitches here and there, but that's to be expected with a wedding anyway, and every time I had an issue, the staff was quick to resolve it. Most notably, one of our guests had signed up for our jacuzzi honeymoon suite that we were supposed to have for our wedding night.. instead of kicking them to another room, the staff upgraded my husband and I to a king jacuzzi loft suite, which couldn't have been more perfect. It was huge, and having the bed up in a loft was so cozy and unique.

It's a gorgeous hotel, and the food at our reception was INCREDIBLE. It was catered from the Jack Pine restaurant they have inhouse, buffet style, chicken and prime rib. Definitely a feast! They let us bring a dance floor and play music, we got married in Chimney corner in front of their fireplace just off of the lobby, and everything either met or exceeded our expectations. I would love to come back, and I recommend this hotel to anyone! Unfortunately in all the wedding craziness, I didn't get to experience the pool, but it looked great too. The location is also to note, as it's right downtown.. you can walk to many shops in the area. The hotel is quiet, clean, and very warm and inviting. It has a rustic, country charm in the middle of the mountains. It's beautiful.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
leduc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

This has been our third time to the hotel.But this time we had our 1 year old son with us. THe room we first had wasn't going to work for us so they were able to put us up in the biggest room there. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The resturant was great. The food was to die for. We spent 3 nights. The hotel was clean and tidy. I would for sure go back again.
Colleen Olsen