We booked the Rundlestone Loft room as a treat and were very impressed. The room was clean and spacious, with a balcony overlooking Banff Avenue (great for watching the Banff Gran Fondo cycling event!) and a two-person jacuzzi in the loft. Any road noise was easily masked by the air-conditioning fan (some people consider fan noise a drawback, but for me it's a definite bonus). It was too warm to use the fireplace, but it was sure nice to have. Only two suggestions for improvement:
- the bedclothes were most uncomfortable. Strongly recommend getting rid of the single thin blanket between two sheets that wanted to migrate to the foot of the bed and replace it with a quilt that has some substance to it and will stay in place.
- need equal opportunity for tea drinkers! I had to specially request a kettle, and there were only two plain red rose tea bags in the room - hardly an inspiring selection. At the very least have a better choice of teas (i.e. Earl Grey, English Breakfast, chai, herbals) and have the kettle in the room, but a better solution would be a mini Keurig...
Overall, though, I look forward to returning to the Rundlestone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located on Banff Avenue only minutes from Downtown Banff, The Rundlestone Lodge offers a host of amenities including complimentary wireless, a fitness centre, whirlpool, swimming pool, conference facilities, and Bumpers the Beef House Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Rundlestone Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rundlestone Hotel Banff