WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Calgary, Canada
“Weekend in Banff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Rundlestone Lodge was a great place to stay. The staff was excellent and the accommodations were clean and comfortable. Underground parking and continental breakfast were included. Huge roaring fireplace in the lobby was excellent and well maintained by very attentive staff. Definite repeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mark1432

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Korean first
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Rundlestone Stone for one night in early November. We booked last minute on Hotwire and we were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel reception/lobby was inviting with a burning fire and was very cozy. Our room was on the second floor with a view of the pool area. The room and bathroom were very clean and we were happy with everything. The bed was firm but comfortable none the less. There are fancier hotels in Banff but I would recommend Rundlestone based on location and a great value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank juliefromalberta
Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here for three nights recently and we were very happy with our stay. The room was very big, and it was very comfortable. The hotel staff were very nice and the morning breakfast was very good. Used the pool and hot tub a few times and the area was very clean and well maintained. It was a bit of a walk to downtown, but it was enjoyable. Wifi was very fast. The only thing that I would add, would be having a mini fridge in the hotel room. I would stay here again and I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know who will be visiting Banff.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank prairiegirlwpg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed for two nights at the end of October 2012. It was the location of the scrapbook retreat I attended. Rooms were clean and comfy, staff was helpful and checked in on the conference room where 18 of us were scrapping and card making all hours of the day and night. Even allowed us use of a small meeting room for classes. Wildlife right outside the front door was cool to see, short walk to town. Enjoyed my stay and think it would also be a good choice for my kids and I to stay as well.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Cathymp
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed there as part of our 3 week tour of Canada from coast to coast in September 2012 and it happened to be my favourite place on the whole tour. Probably because we adored Banff at first sight and wanted to live there. It just felt so right for us, it's cool, relaxed, friendly mountain town, we felt good being in the company of like-minded people dressed in hiking gear and eager to explore nature. We loved the architecture of the whole town, the cosy lodges, use of local natural materials. We loved Rundlestone Lodge the moment we stepped in and into cosy wood panelled room with stone fire place, wood carvings and cosy armchairs. The staff were brilliant and helpful, our room was very large and comfortable, the swimming pool and hot tub really very good, free WiFi and large TV perfect. We visited Banff Brew Pub and really loved our tasting session when we were brought 6 1/3 pint glasses with beers brewed on site. They were delicious and a good value for money. Also Alberta has the lowest tax in Canada at 5%, so everything is cheaper compared to 13-15% in other provinces. We really liked our stay and will be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Copenduke
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My cousin and I spent one night here in May, and it was very comfortable and lovely, but it was a little bit too pricey for what it was. They put a hold on your credit card, and it ended up costing more than I thought it would. The location is perfect-- right near all of the shops, but when it came down to it, I thought I could have found something comparable for less money if I'd had time to look properly. (We were kind of on a spur of the moment trip...)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lindsay S
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

stayed there with my girlfriend and my parents. Didn't have a fortune to spend on a hotel. This place has a very nice pool and hot tub. There is a nice patio right next to the pool. The rooms are clean and big enough. We had a nice view on the mountain. The lobby is welcoming and the staff very nice. There is an underground parking. I had breakfast at the restaurant and it was good. Downtown Banff is a 10 minute walk from the hotel. So overall, i'm very satisfied with this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple