“Really convenient and comfortable”
Review of Rundlestone Lodge

Rundlestone Lodge
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Banff
MILANO
“Really convenient and comfortable”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Charming and warm reception room with a large fireplace.The staff at the reception was very helpful. Ample free parking and accessible by elevator from the lobby.
The spacious room with comfortable beds and a nice bathroom.Free internet wireless.The location is not so near the town centre but quite outside along the main road .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MilanoRoberta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a nice place to stay in Banff. Rooms are clean and quiet. Underground parking is adequate, but beware of the pillars and the HVAC equipment hanging close to where you park that can damage your car. If traveling with a companion have them guide you in and out of the parking spaces. Lodge should provide complimentary coffee in the Lobby, but provides a coffee machine in the room that is a chore to use and slow as molasses. Pool, work-out room and hot tub were excellent. Reasonably priced. Drawback in Banff is food quality and expensive prices. Tip, go outside of Banff to Canmore or bring a sandwich.

1 Thank spudsaj
Chestermere, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I picked this hotel based on price for the following: Location, Jetted Tub, King Size Bed & Fire Place. Rundlestone had the best price for what we were looking for. We stayed in 362. The room was clean, decent size with an exterior view window.

As noted in previous reviews, the front end staff were pleasant enough but not overly engaging. I can see how a person could be turned off if they were expecting a more "catered too" atmosphere. Our check-in and check-out were easy enough and that's all we could ask for.

Room: While the Jetted Tub was awesome, the shower was a trade off... same as the stalls at the pool. While it did the trick, the shower curtain was not wide enough and leaked all over the floor and with the tiled floor sloped for the tub, we had to throw a towel down as it became slippery. If you are a bigger person (6'3 and broad) you would have difficulty with the size of the shower and low ceiling. This was my only complaint about the room.
The toiletries are Bath & Body Works (so much nicer then the standard) and the in-room coffee is Rocky Mountain Coffee Roasters, an awesome company out of Jasper and this too was a nice change from the standard hotel coffee. The room has a DVD player and the hotel offers a variety of movies at no charge. This was a nice option after a long day. The bed had lots of pillows and was very comfortable. There is no mini-fridge, which we found odd.

Location: The property is a ways from downtown. If you are not terribly mobile, you would likely need to take the bus or drive (there's a stop nearby). There are bikes available until 8pm, something that is not noted on the website or in the Guest Binder. With free underground parking it made coming and going very easy. It would be more of a challenge in the winter to get around if you are not used to Canadian Winter or not equipped for the cold.

We didn't see any kids or younger people at the hotel during our stay which was nice for us. It was very quiet at night. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have a view of the next hotel (we could see into the rooms so kept the shears...
1 Thank KarleighJo
Key Largo, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights while on 3000 motorcycle trip from States. Reasonable walking distance from hub of Banff downtown, but surrounded by hotels and restaurants on this end of town. Easy to find coming in from 1A and Lake Louise. Covered parking a plus - on motorcyclists, be aware of sluices in ramp. Room was large and clean; windows overlooked (quite publicly) the indoor swimming pool. No refrigerator, which really should be standard in a hotel of this caliber.

Very attractive lobby and entrance.

Really enjoyed the swimming pool and hot tub with plenty of windows and skylights. A bit confusing to navigate multiple elevator options and layout. Ate at their restaurant; empty and understandably so. Mediocre food and servers were MIA... had drinks at bar in hotel, and the bartender had the same "get out of here, you're bothering me" attitude. So go elsewhere - so much to choose from in Banff! (NOTE: bartender made a point of telling us that the restaurant and bar were not owned/run by hotel)

Front desk help, though, was friendly and helpful. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Diver4comm
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

we stayed for 3 nights in a loft kitchenette room. fridge was a bit small but otherwise we could cope for ourselves quite easily with the microwave and 2 hot rings. Clean, good size television which I could connect to my laptop via HDMI and stream from the internet or watch our own DVDs (could not use the provided DVD player as ours were PAL and not SECAM). Same problem in Canada that we have in the UK - lots of cable/satellite channels but still not a lot to watch :-)
Safeway less than 10 minutes walk away - town a couple of minutes further on, so fair location. Would not hesitate to stay here again if in the area.

1 Thank TrevB56
Brisbane
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed at the Rundlestone Lodge for 3 nights. Check-in staff were friendly. Our room was a good size and the bed was comfortable. The room had a large plasma screen and we received good strong wifi. Free underground parking was great. A liquor store was located a couple of doors up the road, and on the walk into town, you will pass loads of restaurants/hotels.

On the downside, there was no fridge or safe in the room. If you don't enjoy walking, we wouldn't recommend this lodge. It is approx 15 min walk into the town.

1 Thank kiwibrent1968
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Whilst staying with friends in Calgary I took to the Rockies for a few days. I was travelling on my own and hired a car from the airport (got upgraded to a Mustang V8 5.0). The roads are easy to drive on and in Banff quick quickly.

The hotel is on the main straight and very easy to find. The room was clean and it was a peaceful nights stay. I ate in the restaurant for my evening meal and the service and food was very good. The waitress was for Australia (I think) and was much more welcoming than the Front of House.

I was disappointed when I compare the welcome I received at reception, to all the other hotels I visited on my holiday. I managed hotels in the UK for 14 years and feel I'm a good judge of service and expectations. My check-in and check-out was very systematic with no interaction or pleasantries. I felt I was more of a burden than a guest and I was a bit surprised. I was not surprised when check-out was much the same. Never asked if everything was OK or enjoy your journey etc etc.

I left Banff and headed to the Ice Fields :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Ian W
RundlestoneFOM, Front Office Manager at Rundlestone Lodge, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Many thanks for your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at the hotel overall and found the rooms clean and comfortable.
I fully understand your standpoint on the check-in/out service. Although there are many other guest reviews on this site alluding to the friendliness of the front desk staff, our aim is to ensure ALL guests feel welcomed into the hotel and receive a more personal touch when they encounter staff members - particularly the Front Desk. I am sorry you did not feel this was the case during your stay.
Your comments are extremely valuable and will be shared with my Front Desk staff to help us improve and consistently provide the highest level of customer service possible.