“Over priced”

Rundlestone Lodge
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Banff
“Over priced”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

It was my wife's an I romantic weekend away from Edmonton. I checked trip advisor at length(as usual) and booked a king room for 2 nights at close to $300. I requested a jacuzzi room if available.(I splurged) Upon check in I was told for$60 I could upgrade, I asked"for 2 night..$60?..hmm...ok". The room was decent, fire place, jacuzzi...nothing fancier the any other hotel. Upon check out I was charged an additional $133 for the room. I explained what I was told and I received a very half hearted "sorry" and that was it...so to summarize. I paid $420 for 2 nights in banff so could have the pleasure of a jacuzzi in my very rustic room. Nice place to stay? Sure. worth the money? NO WAY!!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank RScotts
RundlestoneFOM, Front Office Manager at Rundlestone Lodge, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to upgrade to one of our very special, beautiful Rundle Loft Jacuzzi Suites for your stay. It is regretful the upgrade of $60 per night offered at check-in was misunderstood. In order to avoid any future issues, I will work with our customer service representatives to help ensure such information is clarified by both parties. The hotel feels the upgrade was a very reasonable offering – indeed providing a $40 saving on our published rate.

We recognize staying in a Suite is a more expensive venture. We are proud of our pricing model and the competiveness of our product. A recent comparison to a like Suite for a weekend stay in another Banff Avenue property totalled $730.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay overall and we look forward to hosting you again on your return to Banff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Korean first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Very nice property and easy to find. Stayed here while on a family vacation to Banff and Jasper. Getting in and out of the underground parking garage was a bit tight. About a 10-15 minute walk to get downtown. We chose to drive downtown, where finding a parking spot can be challenging, especially on weekends. Would definately consider staying here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim K
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2012

My Boyfriend and I stayed at the Rundlestone in a jacuzzi suite. The room was absolutely beautiful and clean, the fireplace was an amazing feature. The room was huge! We did find though that because of the jacuzzi the shower was only good for one person at a time. The resaurant had amazing breakfast, the staff were great, and we loved the underground heated parking.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nevaeh89
Hartlepool
Reviewed January 23, 2012

A nice hotel located 10 minutes stroll from the centre of Banff. Staff where friendly and helpful. The restaurant is good well priced with large portions. Free parking and free internet (can be slow)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank willchaffey
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2012

This was a 2 night stay here, booked through Booking.com. The rate was very good and was with a pool view. Reception was friendly and let me check in a few hours early which was really nice. The room I got was not a pool view as advertised and to be quite honest, I wasn't upset. I got a great price on the room and I was just across the hall from the pool. The room was simple.....queen-sized bed, couch, desk w/ chair, basic bathroom, and clean. The pool was also clean and a decent size but the hot tub was the winner. You could set the timer for the jets and the water was very warm. A great soak. A very nice stay and would come back again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank cobalt753
Southampton
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We had the first 5 days of our holiday planned by Canadian Affairs and this was booked for us before we left UK. We walked from the railway station with our luggage and although a big longer than we thought it was not a problem and we were greeted warmly at the reception. We had been upgraded to a self contained suite with our bedroom on a mezzanine floor. It was delightful and fully equipped and also had open fire with firewood all ready which unfortunately we didn't need or have time for. We got there in late September 2011. We also had free access to computers and internet in the reception area; free dvd rentals; there was also a gym and swimming pool etc. which unfortunately we could not make use of because we were only booked in for one night. We would have loved to stay there for a few days but we were on a schedule. The staff were great, the room was very clean and well equipped. It was in a lovely area near a bridge where we later saw a moose. The bus to the mountain etc was outside the hotel and near a little park. The transport was quick and reasonable and seemed to be plentiful. We could walk from the hotel to the shops and restaurants and there was plentiful close by. Banff is more expensive than some places we were visiting but it is a beautiful delightful place and this hotel was really good.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Travellight55
Port Dover, Canada
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This lodge has the friendliest staff that I have ever dealt with. They call you by your name, are always friendly and always ask how you are doing and ask if you require anything. The rooms are spacious and the suite has a giant jacuzzi and a fireplace. They are spotless and smell good.
The restaurant Toulouloos has fantastic food and great service. The owner, Steve, also gets to know you and the staff, morning and night are very friendly.
Great resort for a relaxing and friendly time.

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor with a pretty good view of the mountains