“Pizza” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bear Street Tavern

The Bear Street Tavern
Ranked #9 of 143 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Pizza was good, they are pretty unique serving it with honey for you to pour...I like sweet and thought it tasted pretty good, but my boyfriend doesn't, and when he ordered a bison pizza was not expecting it to come with a sweet sauce on top (not described on the menu)..he wasn't too pleased with it. But Service was good and is a good value!! Just not for everyone!

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Raleigh, North Carolina
“On our recent trip, voted best restaurant by family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We picked the restaurant because of the Trip Advisor posting, of course. We ate outside back. We did have to wait a while and were originally seated family style in the outdoor area. However, they eventually moved the couple that sat with us to another table.
Everybody's meal was delicious and the atmosphere of the restaurant was very nice. Though the restaurant was packed, it did not seem overly noisy or crammed. We decided this restaurant was our family favorite from our 5 day stay in Banff.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent food, price and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Wait staff friendly and helpful. We sat out on the patio which had a excellent atmosphere. Good variety of high quality pizzas and salads with daily specials.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Finuk77
Minneapolis, MN
“Yummy Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This place has the best pizza in town! We tried ours deep dish, which was a real treat. Also try the beer sampler or the sangria punch bowl. Great place for a casual dinner!

Visited September 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Busy Night at Bear Street Tavern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Following a day of driving the Bow Valley Parkway and the Icefields Parkway, I needed to stretch my legs, so I made the short walk from my hotel, stopped in at the Banff Safeway, did a little souvenir shopping on Banff Avenue and wrapped up my evening at Bear Street Tavern. This charming spot came highly recommended by my hotel and I can see why.

Given that it was Sunday night of the Labor Day weekend, the place was jammed with people, but the staff could not have been more accommodating. As a lone traveler, I am more than happy to have a spot found for me at the bar, which is precisely what happened. The patio looked appealing in the waning summer light, but the 1+ hour wait for a table there just didn't fit with my plans. What is important to me is that the staff made me aware of the options and the timetable for each.

My waitress was delightfully cheery and patient as she explained the evening's specials, taking extra time to precisely describe "bison donair" and make it seem reasonable that one would put that on a pizza - together with shredded lettuce and a drizzle of sweet garlic sauce. The bow on this present of a meal was when she brought my bison donair pizza accompanied by a squeeze bottle of honey and a bottle of red chili oil - to be mixed together and used for dipping the pizza - to "bring out the flavors." And she was right!

Even though the restaurant stayed packed through my meal, never did I feel rushed or neglected. My drink glasses were readily replenished and every courtesy was offered.

This is definitely a place I will visit again when I return to Banff!

• Visited September 2013