“Our favourite place”

Cuisines: Pizza, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My huband and I love this place. They have a good selection of beer (not just your standard Coors and Bud) and some of the best pizza I've ever had. It's a relaxed atmosphere. Great place to drop in for just a drink or for lunch/dinner.

1  Thank AmyB_Regina
Write a ReviewReviews (1,383)

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Pleasant surprise, good atmosphere, and pizza was fantastic. The pizza itself was tasty, but they also offered a chili rosemary oil & honey to drizzle on top. I was skeptical of putting honey on pizza, but it was delicious! Service was average.

1  Thank Matt T
Reviewed March 4, 2013

They have specials Sun - Thurs. They food is so delicious, and fast service. the place is always busy - good indicator of return customers. out of 7 day visit, we were there for 4.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had dinner on a busy night and we didn't even have to wait for a table near the window. Prompt service while not being overbearing. So many people but seeming to have a good time out for dinner so it was easy to unwind here. Looking out the window was a nice ice-sculpture in a outdoor garden area. We had some amazing cocktails then ordered the specials of the night which were Calzone. Delicious to say the least, so a very enjoyable night in all particularly after a day at the ski fields. Would love to go again!

1  Thank Andy L
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I must start off my saying that we THOUGHT we were dining at the Bison (which has really good reviews) and instead somehow we ate at the Bear Street Tavern and didn't realize it til afterwards. Apparently the two places are affiliated and there was no indication we were eating at the "bear street tavern" when we walked through a door with a sign "The Bison"!!
So anyway... we came for lunch. Ordered the pizza, pork ribs and kids menu mac n cheese. Everything was excellent except for the $22 pork ribs which were surprisingly bad. They were tough and dry. I didn't think it was difficult to get pork ribs wrong, they are usually pretty foolproof. Not just a little tough and dry, but through and through every single one.
The kids mac n cheese was homemade and wonderful. The pizza was great, not a crumb of leftover. The ribs came with a coleslaw that was homemade and authentic and interesting and yummy! The ribs also came with a corn bread but it was mediocre and nothing to write home about. They should get a new recipe for that one. I personally like it when a corn bread has a few kernels of whole corn here and there, not just a boring over-ground corn loaf.
If it wasn't for the pork ribs I'd say we'd come back.

1  Thank WellWellTravelled