“Really tasty food, lively atmosphere”

The Bear Street Tavern
Ranked #10 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Pizza, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Had an excellent meal here - a really nice, varied menu with lots of tasty options. It was really busy when we arrived just after 7pm on a weekday evening, with a lively, friendly atmosphere. Service was good. The house wine (white) we had wasn't brilliant but the food was delicious. Definitely recommended for a casual though not cheap meal (it is Banff after all!) and we would certainly visit again.

1  Thank gubbs79
There are newer reviews for The Bear Street Tavern

Reviewed November 5, 2012

On the first evening my wife and I split a chicken fajita which was truly delicious, lots of piping hot ingredients. But then we split Godfather pizza it took our taste buds into a wonderful gastronomic delight. The pizza was simply the best I've ever had. Thin soft crust, with prosciutto, roasted garlic, cheese, olives and arugula, it was truly heavenly. The incredible taste was haunting, to the point that we had to go back the next day and have two pizzas, no splitting this time. The Bison Tavern has an atmosphere that is a nice, comfortable busy pub feel with enough clean rustic decor to remind you that you are in the mountains.

1  Thank mir0n
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were with a group of 14 for dinner on a Friday night. Having read some rave reviews we had high expectations. Too bad our pizza crust was burnt and the salad was soggy greens with a bland vinaigrette dressing pre-mixed in. I also feel that $30 for a half litre of house wine (that sells for $9 a bottle in the liquor store) is absolutely outrageous. I don't mind dropping $100 for a good meal and good wine but for cheap wine and burned pizza-no way! Banff has many better eateries and watering holes than the Bear street Tavern.

2  Thank scubamom33
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Cute tavern just off the main street, no wait for a table and great service. Food was amazing, best pizzas in town and the tacos are pretty good too. A large range of unusual beers from local breweries.
I took a lucky punt and selected a drink at will, I choose Thirsty Beaver, brewed by Tree Brewing Company. This was the best Amber Ale I've ever tasted.
I'd definitely recommend The Bear Street Tavern for an added bonus to a nice day out.

1  Thank Ryan C
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I absolutely love the Bear Street Tavern. Their pizzas are to die for. Great patio in the summer with really creative and refreshing drinks.

Every Thursday, they have a "no-corkage fee" night, where you can bring in your own wine which is creat!

They offer Honey with your pizza, Try it! Its great. Also try one of the punch bowls if you have enough people to share. The Jolly Rancher one is my fave.

1  Thank Kelly M