“A-may-zing!”

Carlito's Pizzaria
Ranked #70 of 143 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Calgary, Canada
“A-may-zing!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I used to think that the best pizza I had ever had in my life was at Fresco in Tucson, AZ... Until I had a steaming wad of Carlito's in my mouth. While my wife and I were staying in Banff, we asked the guy at the hotel's front desk where to get some homegrown Banff cuisine. When he recommended a pizza place, we were a bit skeptical, but I never pass up a chance to try a new pizza pie. We ordered one of the "Matt's" pizza... which was a BBQ sauce pizza with chicken, bacon, mushrooms, onions, pineapple, banana peppers and hot sauce... The crust was perfectly crispy and chewy -- a sign to me that they use a brick-fired oven -- like true pizza artisans. But what impressed me most was the way they mince their toppings, so you get more flavor and more toppings on each square centimeter of those bad boys. If you're a pizza snob, I highly recommend Carlito's -- order from them directly instead out of the hotel menus and you'll save a few bucks, too.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Re C

“Pizza but not poutine”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Their pizza is very good but I did not like the poutine at all neither did the other two Canadians with me.... the delivery is very fast though

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Ontariogirl87
Jasper, Canada
“Awesome pizza”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

some of the best pizza I've ever had.
The lounge staff were very easy on the eyes and created a fun experience for our group.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank GrantB305
Edmonton, Alberta
“Quick Delivery”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The pizza had loads of toppings and the poutine was the bext in the west...it was hot, fresh and quick friendly delivery staff.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank nataschacan
Calgary Alberta
“Great gluton free pizza”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We ordered G-free pizza delivered to our hotel room. Pizza was delivered promptly and it tasted great. I recommend this restaurant if you are looking for deliciouse g-free pizza.

1 Thank kfindlay1979