“Excellent stay at The Banff Centre”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Banff
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Banff
New Brunswick, Canada
“Excellent stay at The Banff Centre”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was invited to the Banff Centre as part of a Conference backstage event. There was approximately 30 people who were in the group. We received free accommodation, all meals and excursions. How can this review be anything but good.
Our accommodation was in the Professional Development Building which a beautiful pine lodge.Our room overlooked the mountain which was lovely. The room itself is standard in size and decoration but suited our needs well. We were not going to be spending a lot of time in the room. The only downside is there is no air conditioning in the rooms and even with the fan in the room it was uncomfortable during the night. The bed was super comfy and the pillows nice and fluffy.
The staff at the centre were simply amazing. Informative and attentive. Special thank you to Jim Olver who took us on our backstage tour. It was the highlight of my two days there. Jim is a wonderful ambassador for the centre. He is passionate and extremely knowable.
The events planned were wonderful and we got see a little of what Banff has to offer. We took the gondola ride to the top of Sulphur mountain which I would highly recommend and a cruise on Lake Minnewanka. I will definitely go back and explore more.
The food at the centre was plentiful and excellent, no complaints there.
Myself and my guest had and excellent stay here. Thank you to everyone involved in this event.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
BanffCentre, Office Manager & Marketing Officer at Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about The Banff Centre. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and that you were able to experience first-hand our exceptional conference facilities and services, as well as enjoy some of the many visitor activities available in our beautiful destination. Regarding the lack of A/C in our guest rooms, sorry, we do get a few days in the summer when temperatures are warmer than usual and we provide fans for guest comfort (and we recently purchased a supply of Dyson bladeless fans). For most of the year, A/C isn't required due to Banff's elevation and dry climate. However central A/C is installed in the majority of public buildings at the Centre. If we can assist your organization with further information about Conferences at The Banff Centre, please contact us. Or if you are interested in booking accommodations here for a personal trip, please contact our Reservations Office at 1.800.884.7574 to check rates and availability.

Deborah Whittle
Conferences Office Manager & Marketing Officer
The Banff Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Never go to a conference here. If you have any say, never book a conference here. They over booked and then randomly chose conference attendees to send to the farthest possible hotel that is still technically in Banff. People who made reservations months ahead of time were told to trek across town (and up the hill to the centre) to get to the conference (which continues well into the evening). Their response to complaints was that at least they told people 2 days ahead of the conference rather than when attendees arrived to check in. There are so many better places for conferences, so you really don't have to put up with incompetence.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank aal807
BanffCentre, General Manager at Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I am terribly sorry to hear that we had to re-locate you on short notice. We do our best not to ever have to be in that situation.
Your feedback is highly valued for it is one of the most important tools allowing us to improve the quality of our services. Your comments will be internally discussed with our management team.
I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through.
Should you desire to further discuss this experience, please feel free to contact me directly. We very much value the opportunity to earn your business.

Kindest Regards,
Leslie Vanderzwet
General Manager, Conferences
The Banff Centre
Auckland
Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you are staying for a conference you must be aware there are many levels you can choose. The standard Hotel area was very good and ALL the staff, the best I have seen in ages.

The rooms were very well maintained, the huge clean indoor pool a very pleasant surprise. Overall a very good weeks stay.

Downsides: Hallways were looking a bit tired, food was very good but expensive and no shuttles to town. The Calgary bus link will take you to the centre and back, it means a change of buses in downtown Banff, all very well orchestrated. Some soft drink machines were N/S on the week.

Open links to venues required special thought when snowing or very cold. Covered connection links would be nice.

Having said that the views were to die for and all staff were most helpful. Free parking was a bonus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Captronnz
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was here for a conference. I hadn't been here for several years (since the last conference), and I was told at front reception how there have been so many changes. There are some beautiful new buildings for conference sessions and meals, but as memory serves me, no changes to the rooms... When I arrived there were whisker trimmings around my bathroom sink. I brought it to the attention of the front desk, thinking special attention would be put into cleaning it properly the next day... Wrong! They were still there and I had to speak to the manager of housekeeping to have my bathroom cleaned properly. In addition to that, on the second day the toilet wouldn't flush, and they didn't have anyone on site to fix it, so I had to move rooms. Oh, and there is no air conditioning! Need I say more.... for the cost of the room it's better to just stay downtown!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ABTraveler64
Calgary Alberta
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Lloyd Hall for a conference. Room has no air condition, vey basic accommodations, you can feel every spring in the bed, hangers have nails sticking out that snagged some clothes, beautiful view of a dumpster and parking lot. Duct tape keeping the carpet down in several locations.
Work booked me here for the conference and would never stay here if given the choice. I stayed in the main building last year and the difference was black and white. The main building has king size beds flat screen Tvs and feels modern this building not so much. There is a nice smell of musk and age in the halls that made for a riveting experience. Tried to move rooms but nothing available. Wanted to cancel when I saw the room but the 48 hour cancellation policy was not worth it.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank austic403
Thorold, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was very impressed by the location (of course) but also by the service at the Banff Centre. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a problem with my phone and it was resolved quickly. You have food options at the centre if you do not want to walk to town. The walk is only 10 minutes through a trail. The website was not clear about this but I found out that being a guest gives you free access to the fitness centre which is very well equipped.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kitinefoodie
Ponoka
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed here for a conference. The conference facilities are good, the hotel is ok. nothing too special. There is wireless internet and it is very fast. The view here is spectacular.

1 Thank Will577