“Really good!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Seating, Takeout
Lac La Biche, Alberta
“Really good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were a little hesitant after seeing the prices but the sandwiches were great! The server made sure we were happy and that our little guy even got his own bread and ice cream free of charge. We'd go back!

1 Thank escapedriver

Edinburgh
“Super sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a good find, a sandwich shop on the main street in Banff. Good prices for big wraps and very friendly service. We took ours away for out walk. Only downside is that it didn't open early enough in the morning to buy another one for our onward journey!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank MarilynJEdinburgh
Cochrane, Canada
“A Cold Cut Above”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

While in Banff on business I needed a quick but hearty bite to eat. This was my first time at Squish Sandwich Cellar and I was impressed. I ordered the Smoked Salmon on Marble Rye and it was excellent. Very fresh, lots of Salmon and some interesting veggies such as bell pepper, along with the expected capers and red onion. Lots of cream cheese and a crunch dill pickle.

The only downside - the service. The cashier/order taker was distracted with some scruffy dude who hung around chatting at the cash register while I was ordering and afterwards - no-one asked him to step back so that customers could order without interrupting their conversation. I also asked for her recommendation between the smoked salmon and tuna - she said "I don't know what to tell you, I don't like either." REALLY??? Who's doing the staff training there?

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank GrittyMan
“One Awesome Sandwich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We were greeted by the owner as we walked in, who explained each menu choice to us before taking our order. He was very friendly and brought us a meat sample as we waited. He was very accomidating and superb customer service! The food was wonderful and perfect size portions! Will definitely be back!

1 Thank KountryKirstie
Calgary, Canada
“Lunch in Banff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Finally, a great place for lunch in Banff. Not fancy, not a fast-food restaurant chain, just simple, fresh made sandwiches that are delicious. The decor is simple, the staff friendly and the owner is out front with the guests to make sure everyone is happy. I guess there are other items on the menu like soups, but I didn't get past #1 - Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwich with chips and coleslaw. The sandwich was hot, fresh and well-stuffed with smoked meat - a two-fisted sandwich.

At $13 for the sandwich, a little pricey but not unreasonable in a high-priced tourist destination like Banff.

Definitely a place that will get my repeat business when I'm in Banff at lunchtime.

• Visited October 2012