“Great Golf” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Springs Golf Course

Banff Springs Golf Course
Ranked #9 of 31 Outdoor Activities in Banff
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by the late Stanley Thompson, this challenging 6,729-yard, 27-hole course offers scenic thrills and golf challenges throughout its "Stanley Thompson 18" and "The Tunnel 9" courses.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Golf”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The course was in beautiful condition. The only unpleasant experience occurred around the washroom facilities near holes 6 & 7...the smell was so bad we couldn't use the facilities. Hopefully that has been corrected, because it's a great course and for the price of green fees, should never have a negative comment made.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“One of the best golf courses!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

DO NOT miss playing this great track. The views are simply amazing. The course was in superb condition with greens rolling incredibly fast. The prices are high but expected. Just wish they offered a twilight rate to play late in the afternoon. The rentals were new Titleist, including Scotty putter. Would highly recommend for any golfer.

Southampton, Canada
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“It's worth every penny.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have always wanted to play this course. When I was 18 I worked in Banff and I couldn't afford it. When I was 29 I lived in Calgary and I didn't have time, and I couldn't afford it. When I was 40 I lived in Toronto and as a family we travelled to Banff in the winter so even if I could have afforded it, it was closed. Now that I am 62 I finally played Stanley Thompson's gem of a layout and I LOVED it. The weather changed every five minutes. We had sun and clouds and some thunder and some rain but we pressed on. I am now a reasonably good golfer with a 12 handicap but I didn't find the course too difficult and neither did my higher handicap pals. We took carts because of the weather but it is a walkable track except for a couple of hikes - one beside the lovely Spray River, and the other to an elevated tee. My advice - if you are in Banff and you love to play golf just pay the price and do it. You won't regret it. And for goodness sakes take your camera.

Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course is one of the most scenic golf courses in North America. Every hole is breathtaking and the grounds are very well maintained. The mountains, rivers and woods surrounding the course are amazing. It is one of the most beautiful courses in the world. I played with my son here and would like to bring him back.

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Jaw dropping scenery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It's hard to focus on your game when the scenery is so stunning. Therefore we played twice. The course is well looked after, and should be on the bucket list of every golfer. #15 looks intimidating but probably my most favourite hole.

Visited July 2013