“Great low key bar snacks and drinks”

Banff Ave Brewing Co
Ranked #25 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bear Hill Brewing Co's mission is to enrich the lives of our guests, our employees and our communities through superior quality hand crafted beer, food with attitude, unique beverages, fun customer service, and by treating our employees like family.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Spent first night of ski trip here. Arrived tired and late and found this a perfect start for easy eats and drinks. Great beer, yummy nachos, recommend the 'huge' calamari appetiser. More than enough for 2 ( or more). Relaxed bar atmosphere. Great friendly service.. Good prices. Great for après ski any time. Recommended.

1  Thank jacbski

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had lunch at the Banff Ave Brewing Co while visiting the area over Christmas. This place was highly recommended by someone at our resort. It's kinda dark & run down with a virtual fireplace on TV. The food was mediocre, but their beer was excellent. We had the burgers, fries & salad. Burgers were kinda dry...really nothing special. Fries kinda soggy. Salad was ordinary greens in a small bowl. A bit pricey for $16.00. I'd recommend walking to the pub across the street. We had excellent burgers there for a few bucks less.

1  Thank Sailorgal12345
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I popped in for a quick brew while the family went to the shops. Some would call that a mistake, but not me. Five pints later of the some of the best craft beer I have tasted, and after learning about ice hockey from the barman Adam, I was ready to settle in and taste every beer on tap. But.. The family arrived.
I let the bar and as the family were a little hungry and glad to be out of the cold we sat at a table. Ordered some firs for kids and a few more beers for my wife and I. Two more later we wondered back out I to the cold, a little warmer inside.
Highly recommend this place, for beer, food and company. I desperately wanted to get back before we left banff, but alas the tourist instinct kicked in and we had to leave.

1  Thank Breyno
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place should be further up the trip advisor ratings for places to eat in Banff. We were greeted like old friends and our lovely server Lauren went through the beers with us. We couldn't decide and went for the sampler, and also had tasters of the 2 beers currently being brewed.The food was superbly presented, very impressed for 'pub grub' and was really tasty, the chicken wings made my eyes water, fantastic! I think the bison burger might be an acquired taste, but fun to try something different. Great staff, good food and tasty beers.

2  Thank NaughtyPP
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Went for supper and had the beer sampler which was fun. Had classic burger and bacon cheese burger one with a gluten free bun. They were delicious lean burgers, great for a night out for sophisticated pub food and a beer. Service was great just a little too dark in some tables to see your food at.

1  Thank Waschanel