“Nice atmosphere, good service, good beer” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Ave Brewing Co

Banff Ave Brewing Co
Ranked #26 of 136 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Brew Pub, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Bear Hill Brewing Co's mission is to enrich the lives of our guests, our employees and our communities through superior quality hand crafted beer, food with attitude, unique beverages, fun customer service, and by treating our employees like family.
Calgary
“Nice atmosphere, good service, good beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Nice atmosphere, good service, good beer - what more do you want? My wife and I left the kids at the hotel to slip away for a date - had the sampler of the local brews. Loved some more than others, but a great a little brew pub all around!

1 Thank Love2Eatz

wausau, wisconsin
“go here for football”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We were looking for a packer game and found the game here along with a friendly staff..good beer..and great chicken wings. They have the complete nfl package so whatever your team they will have your game. Go pack!

2 Thank cotimes2
“Bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Ordered Coke, brought Pepsi. Interac down. Could not pay by credit card either. I ran down to the street to the bank machine and the waiter acted like HE was doing me a favour.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank TrueNorthMax
Brett I, Owner at Banff Ave Brewing Co, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
TrueNorthMax, I apologize for the inconvenience of your experience. Unfortunately our contract with Pepsi does not allow us to carry Coke products. We normally do not get complaints about it but I will instruct my staff to clarify with customers. As for the credit/debit machines there was a system outage with our provider that day. It definitely creates headaches for everyone and the staff can get frustrated. I hope you can try us again on your next visit and we will strive to provide a better experience.
Saskatchewan, Canada
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

With so many restaurants & bars in Banff, this one has a way of staying unique and the service was great!

Airdrie, Canada
“Great food, server needs some training”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I visited during the Bon Appetit festival with a large group of girlfriends and we opted for the special tasting menu. After a hiccup with our reservation (we waited over 30 minutes to be seated) everything seemed to run a bit more smoothly. The food was incredible! For an appetizer I ordered the Sweet Potato and Spinach salad which was so good I wanted more. My main was braised beef with papardelle and was equally well done. The pumpkin cake was a bit dry and heavy though the flavour was excellent. I was truly delighted with the food and had not expected such flavour from a pub.

The downside of our newbie server came as we attempted to clear up the bill. With 12 ladies at one table we had expected that our server would have split our orders according to seat. Sadly, that didn't happen and he refused to split the bill out after the fact. As we had all had a few drinks at that point, it took us over 45 minutes to sort out the bill. I would like to see Banff Ave Brewing Co better train their staff and advise best practice for dealing with large tables. That being said, I will likely return, though not with a large group.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank nielsensmith
nielsensmith, thank you for the input. We were very happy with the Bon Appetit menu the chef created this year and look forward to the event next year!!
It is unfortunate that the server was unable to split the bills. Our menu does state that we do not split bills for large groups and this is due to our Point of Sale system which unfortunately is lacking the software to perform certain functions with larger groups . We are in the process of finding a new point of sale system to better accommodate guests in the future.
We look forward to serving you again and trust we will be able to improve upon certain areas.