My fiance and i stumbled upon this place a year ago while looking for a place to eat. A local merchant suggested we go to Storm for lunch and try their bison burger. She was spot on, as this was the best burger i'd ever had. the setting was perfect, we sat next to the fire and the service was awesome.
a year later and we decided to elope to get married at Storm. We're from Texas and coming to the Canadian Rockies is a great get away for us.
We were married right outside the lodge with Storm Mtn. in the background. We didn't have any family with us so a kind Storm staff member was our witness. Everyone bent over backwards to make sure we were taken care of our entire trip.
the cabin's are great. no phone, no alarm clock, no tv. beds are great and the cabins are cleaned everyday. the fireplace had kindling added each day for our romantic fire.
The food is the best in Banff. Hands down. the other restaurants can't compete when it comes to Storm's quality, taste and presentation. say what you will about price, but you get what you pay for. I'm a frequent traveler, and the food here is some of the best i've eaten around the Globe. You're cheating yourself out of a grand meal if you don't give it a try.
Storm is a place my now wife and i will frequent for years to come. No questions about it, the people, cabin and restaurant make it the place to stay for us when we want to get away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Storm Mountain Lodge was constructed in 1922 as one of eight Bungalow Camps built by Canadian Pacific Railway to promote tourism in the Rocky Mountains. Our Banff Park cabins and lodge offer guests exceptional accommodations and cuisine amidst the majestic Canadian Rockies. Whether its a romantic getaway, weekend retreat, family vacation or a Canadian Rockies wedding, Storm Mountain Lodge provides an ideal setting. Guests will experience delicious Canadian cuisine prepared with a dedication to organic ingredients and naturally raised Alberta meat and wild fish pared with Canada's finest selection of wine. All of our breads, desserts and breakfast pastries are baked daily on site. The Historic Log Cabins provide guests with amenities such as wood-burning fireplaces, antique soaker tubs and offer a cozy place to relax! Stay at our Banff lodge and make the most of your Canadian Rockies vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Storm Mountain Lodge & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Storm Mountain Lodge And Cabins
- Storm Mountain Lodge & Cabins Hotel Banff
- Storm Mountain Banff