Super cute rustic cabins. Ask for one with a wood burning fireplace. Claw foot bath tubs. Nice decor. Enough space for your stuff. We brought a bottle of wine and cheese/ grapes... it was lovely and cozy at the fire. Even in the summer it is cool, so a fire is in order. Lots of hiking trails near by. Food in the lodge was excellent. I loved the lodge. Picture this...A big wood burning fire, delish martini in hand, nice cozy couches, perhaps some appitizers... fantastic. Be sure to make reservations for dinner when you book. Good food. Good drinks. You can also get dinner to take to your cabin...thats nice if you want a romantic night in. Breakfast meals were a lot for us, so we shared.
The not so good...
Highway basically right there. Didn't bother me though. Front porch was slanted...couldn't really sit on porch because of mosquitos and couldn't put your drink down. Not a lot of water pressure for the shower.
They could make it better by giving you a list of hiking trails that are around. Go prepared... not much around. You kind of have to eat there.. or go into banff, which is a bit of a drive. If money is an issue, you might want to pass... it can add up :)
All in all, I would totally go again. I had a wonderful time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Storm Mountain Lodge was constructed in 1922 as one of eight Bungalow Camps built by Canadian Pacific Railway to promote tourism in the Rocky Mountains. Our Banff Park cabins and lodge offer guests exceptional accommodations and cuisine amidst the majestic Canadian Rockies. Whether its a romantic getaway, weekend retreat, family vacation or a Canadian Rockies wedding, Storm Mountain Lodge provides an ideal setting. Guests will experience delicious Canadian cuisine prepared with a dedication to organic ingredients and naturally raised Alberta meat and wild fish pared with Canada's finest selection of wine. All of our breads, desserts and breakfast pastries are baked daily on site. The Historic Log Cabins provide guests with amenities such as wood-burning fireplaces, antique soaker tubs and offer a cozy place to relax! Stay at our Banff lodge and make the most of your Canadian Rockies vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Storm Mountain Lodge & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Storm Mountain Lodge & Cabins Hotel Banff
- Storm Mountain Lodge And Cabins
- Storm Mountain Banff